Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify for Developers

Discuss building apps with Spotify APIs and SDKs

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Important: App review and quota extension waiting times

The Spotify for developers platform helps many bring their ideas to life. Whether it's a short term app helping an artist’s release or something more long term - there is always a chance of success. Things start to grow and then you might also need w...

• srvaroa
  • Casual Listener
  • 162 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 162 replies
  • 21 likes

Superuser Contribution Error at Web API after authentication

PlanPremiumCountryNLDeviceEdge/Chrome/Firefox Operating SystemWindows 10,Raspberry PI etcMy Question or IssueFriends, see, a successful sequence, the access_token is just retrieved, but when player.connect()is executed, internally it uses a websocket...

egbertn_0-1628715648957.png
  • Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country NL Device Edge/Chrome/Firefox   Operating System Windows 10,Raspberry PI etc My Question or Issue Friends, see, a successful sequence, the access_token is ...
  • egbertn
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Web API
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Hardware Partner Application with no response

Free/Premium: FreeCountry: United StatesUse Case: Music integration for a Social RobotOperating System: Linux My Question or Issue:Is there any way to get in contact with Spotify regarding the status of a Hardware Partner Application? My company subm...

• Free/Premium: Free Country: United States Use Case: Music integration for a Social Robot Operating System: Linux   My Question or Issue: Is there any way to get in contact with S...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Hardware Application
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Entire Artist List

My Question or IssueOk new to the API and this forum so please bear with me ...I am looking at all these incredible apps that people have created (and they are awesome) and I was wondering if its possible to get an entire list of every artist that is...

•   My Question or Issue Ok new to the API and this forum so please bear with me ...I am looking at all these incredible apps that people have created (and they are awesome) and I was wondering ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Follow Widget no longer functioning properly

I used https://developer.spotify.com/documentation/widgets/generate/follow-button/ to create code to use as a template for embedding "Follow artist on Spotify" buttons on a website. The domain on which the buttons are served from hosts thousands of a...

• Casual Listener
  • I used https://developer.spotify.com/documentation/widgets/generate/follow-button/ to create code to use as a template for embedding "Follow artist on Spotify" buttons on a website. The domain on whi...
  • Starstew
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes

Building a database of audio features

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI am trying to build a database of the features of the top Billboard songs over time. I can pull the data for one or a few tracks, but it requires several steps.1. Find ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I am trying to build a database of the features of the top Billboard songs over time. I can p...
  • ajaske
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Client network socket disconnected before secure TLS connection was established

have received this error on web api all day Client network socket disconnected before secure TLS connection was established anyone else?

• Casual Listener
  • have received this error on web api all day   Client network socket disconnected before secure TLS connection was established   anyone else?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution 403 User not approved for app

PlanPremiumCountryFranceDevicePC, MacOperating SystemLinux Ubuntu and Mac OS My Question or IssueAuthenticating my own user against the Spotify Web API through OAuth works well for a while, but I tried yesterday to authenticate another user (premium ...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country France Device PC, Mac Operating System Linux Ubuntu and Mac OS   My Question or Issue Authenticating my own user against the Spotify Web API through OAuth works we...
  • sachtbm
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mobile][Developer] Volumen limit

Please consider breaking the connection between volume and volume limit. If volume is set to lowest level and you adjust volume limit below 100%, it turns volume off (mute).This behavior prevent you to adjust sound level below the lowest level, which...

• Casual Listener
  • Please consider breaking the connection between volume and volume limit. If volume is set to lowest level and you adjust volume limit below 100%, it turns volume off (mute). This behavior prevent yo...
  • Peter_Schorn
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Developer
    Mobile
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Problem with requesting Tracks from Album

PlanPremiumCountryGermany Hello,I'm developing now an app/website using the Spotify API with the low code platform N8N (n8n.io). I have a problem to get Tracks from an Album and I always get the following response: ERROR: The service is receiving too...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Germany     Hello, I'm developing now an app/website using the Spotify API with the low code platform N8N (n8n.io). I have a problem to get Tracks from an Album ...
  • ottic
  • Regular
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes

Novel idea for increasing quality of spotify algorithm

Hi, I had a pretty novel idea about using transformers with raw audio data for MIR tasks for which few papers have been written. I think that at some point, I may publish a paper of my own. However, I would like to convey that idea to the spotify alg...

• Hi, I had a pretty novel idea about using transformers with raw audio data for MIR tasks for which few papers have been written. I think that at some point, I may publish a paper of my own.   ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Discussion
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Using the API for commercial use/with ads

Hi,We're currently developing a web-app, which will allow the users to (without signing in) stream various podcasts (have gotten the green light from the owners of the podcasts themselves) on our site. Since this is, so far, for personal use (and onl...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, We're currently developing a web-app, which will allow the users to (without signing in) stream various podcasts (have gotten the green light from the owners of the podcasts themselves) on our s...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Is it possible/allowed to stream spotify music over a web server?

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceN/AOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI'm not sure my question makes sense since i'm still new to web dev, but basically i want my application to:allow users to connect to a chat room with an access co...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device N/A Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I'm not sure my question makes sense since i'm still new to web dev, but basically i wa...
  • Peter_Schorn
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[iOS][Developer] One click follow button

I think having one button so that people can automatically follow your page from an outside app or website without having to go to spotify first and click "follow" would be really great for artists. That way they can come back and find you later in c...

• Visitor
  • I think having one button so that people can automatically follow your page from an outside app or website without having to go to spotify first and click "follow" would be really great for artists. ...
  • Peter_Schorn
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Developer
    iOS
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Scope extension approval

I submitted a scope extension request about a week and a half ago and have yet to receive a response from Spotify. I've submitted requests before for previous applications and usually received a response in the following day, so I find it kind of odd...

• I submitted a scope extension request about a week and a half ago and have yet to receive a response from Spotify. I've submitted requests before for previous applications and usually received a resp...
  • XanderTaylor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Discussion
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify API is returning wrong IDs of Liked Tracks, incorrect version of same song

[As the below Spotify URLs were embedding the tracks/albums into the post and making the post difficult to read, I've replaced the URL with [spotify URL], so anywhere you see this, replace it with open.spotify.com to get the actual link] I'm developi...

• Casual Listener
  • ...dit: I've found an song that seems to be an example of both cases: API is linking to the wrong version of the song (different album), as well as the version that is saved in my library not existing public...
  • rowesteve
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • api
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Podcasts/Episodes endpoint returns episodes that do not belong to the podcast

Hi,when crawling podcast-data via the Podcast-API, we first get the list of episodes per podcast. This works as expected, except for our podcast "Kanackische Welle", where we get episode-IDs back that do not belong to our podcast (or our network in g...

• Hi, when crawling podcast-data via the Podcast-API, we first get the list of episodes per podcast. This works as expected, except for our podcast "Kanackische Welle", where we get episode-IDs back t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Selling digital art based on audio analysis and features

I want to know if I can sell digital art using data from your API. I just want to use the audio analysis and audio features, I will not be using the audio itself nor any of the images contained in the data (like album cover). I don't think the ToC me...

• I want to know if I can sell digital art using data from your API. I just want to use the audio analysis and audio features, I will not be using the audio itself nor any of the images contained in th...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Discussion
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

What does Spotify define as 'Commerical'

For the purposes of using the Web Playback SDK, what does Spotify define as "Commercial"? My application is a virtual reality web app for browsing and playing Spotify playlists. It does not involve money or ads in any way. It is free and open-source....

• For the purposes of using the Web Playback SDK, what does Spotify define as "Commercial"?   My application is a virtual reality web app for browsing and playing Spotify playlists. It does not ...
  • rowesteve
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • web playback sdk
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes