Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

get top tracks

get top tracks

I have the following problem.
When sending a request to the link https://api.spotify.com/v1/me/top/tracks with parameters offset=0 and limit=50 everything is sent normally.

Снимок экрана (2446).png

But if you send the next request with offset = 50, then 0 tracks are sent, although if you send the same request with offset = 49, then tracks from 49 to 98 are sent, although with offset = 50 there are at least 98 tracks.

Снимок экрана (2447).png

Снимок экрана (2449).png

Can anyone tell me what this could be related to and what I'm doing wrong when submitting a request?

I use google translate, so the translation may not be entirely correct.

3 Replies

I cannot offer any solution, but can confirm it functions the same way for me. There's nothing in the documentation that would clarify this behavior.  Another post from almost two years ago reported the same issue, so if it's a bug it isn't recent: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-for-Developers/Bug-with-offset-for-method-quot-Get-User-s-T...

I want to try querying all my stats by mail from Spotify. It should send all information about me from the moment of registration on the platform. There is a lot of information in it: including information about when you started listening to the song, how long you listened to it, when you finished it and why it ended (the song ended or you rewound it yourself), and other information about me. But it's just not clear why it can't be obtained from the api. Why, for the sake of this, write to them by mail and wait for a response within 30 days (this is how long a folder with information is formed).

Also, if offset = 98 worked, then I wouldn't be asking the problem, as it would be possible to send requests at offset % 49, but that doesn't work, and offset = 98 sends 0 items. I also tried numbers 99, 97, 95, 55, 51 but they all send 0 items. They probably wrote in their code: if (offset > 50) { throw new Exception(...); }

Suggested posts