Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

playlist in a playlist

Solved!

playlist in a playlist

Wondering if anyone can tell me how to make a playlist within a playlist?

In the API Reference Endpoint page, 'add items to a playlist' lists optional query parameters 'uri' and 'position'. Position obviously wont help me here but in the uri 'value' description, it says

"A comma-separated list of Spotify URI's to add, can be track or episode URIs."

so it appears that this won't be an option either.

I can do it manually via the app but if there's anyone out there who can help I would appreciate it!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I understand you now. You're right, folders can be created using the desktop app only. Unfortunately, the Web API does not support adding or managing playlist folders at this point. There is some more information about playlist folders here.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hi @dbwhy. How would you do this manually within the app? There is a concept of playlist folders - could this be what you are referring to?

I just realized two things: the first is how stupid "playlist in a playlist" actually sounds, what I poorly attempted to describe was in fact, playlist folders. Second, I cant figure out how to do this on the mobile app, its only via the computer app that I can right click, create folder, and then drag/drop whatever contents I want to go inside.
Marked as solution

I understand you now. You're right, folders can be created using the desktop app only. Unfortunately, the Web API does not support adding or managing playlist folders at this point. There is some more information about playlist folders here.

Thank you for your help!

Suggested posts