NEXT STEP

3 month Premium trial not activated upon payment

3 month Premium trial not activated upon payment

Plan

Premium

Country

Norway

My Question or Issue

I signed up for a Premium subscription through the 3 months trial banner in the Spotify desktop app on 14th February, yet have been charged for a full subscription, with the next billing date set to 14th March. I do not, to my knowledge, have any former Premium trials on my account and expected the trial period to be activated/added immediately upon payment.

5 Replies

Hey, @kjetihof 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

Maybe you were ineligible for the free trial. The most common reason for ineligibility is if you’ve already had Premium. This includes the premium on this account or if you've used the same card to pay for Premium on another account, regardless of how much time it had been.

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hello, and thanks for answering!

My account is several years old, yet I can't remember ever having had a subscription or trial on it. Is there a way to check and verify, as my receipts page isn't showing anything but the current subscription. No history indicating a subscription can be found on my e-mail either.

best regards,

kjetihof

Hey again! 

Is there the possibility that your card had been used to pay for another Premium subscription (regardless of the Spotify account) ever? It can make you ineligible to get the free trial Premium too...

LuanSpotify Star

No, the credit card hasn't been used for any subscriptions prior to this. The only possibility is that the account had a trial almost 10 years ago (which still should show up somehow in my email archives), and I've forgotten that. It has been in disuse for a long time as well.

Is there any possibility that very old accounts may be ineligible in some way?

Hey again, @kjetihof 

Sorry for the late response.

Actually, as I said before the most common causes of ineligibility are the ones I've mentioned above. Since you don't remember if you've subscribed to Premium, I recommend that you take a look at this support article and follow all the troubleshooting steps, especially the ones related to finding accounts:

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star

Suggested posts