3 months premium for free advert

Plan

Free

Country

Denmark

Device

Samsung Galaxy s7 edge, MSI laptop

My Question or Issue

Hi there. On both my laptop and phone im getting an ad, that says i can get 3 months of spotify for free, when i click on the ad, it sends me straight to a payment site, that says 99,-(danish crowns) for a month, which is the main price for Premium for a month. 

What happend with the 3 free months? I dont think its a very good idea to make a pop-up ad, if what the ad states isnt going to happen. Either fix it, so we get the 3 free months, or stop making fake ads. Its not cool.

- Christian

4 Replies

Hello and welcome to the Spotify Community!

That's weird. Let's see what's happening here.

• Have you had a Premium subscription before?
  • Have you enjoyed another offer before?
  • Do you see any offer if you go to this page?

Yep. I have had a premium before, and have enjoyed an offer earlier. BUT it dosnt state anywhere that I couldn't have had premium before, or enjoyed an offer. So we are as far as before. Its fake ads if they pop up on my devices, telling me I can get 3 months for free. If I can't, then those ads shouldn't be on my user.

-Christian 

I'm sorry for the confusion!

But as it's stated on the Terms and Conditions of the offer, "In order to receive this Premium 3 Month Trial Offer, users must satisfy the conditions listed at (A)-(C) below (each an “Eligible User”). You must:

• (A) be new to the Spotify Premium Service. If you have subscribed to either the Spotify Premium Service or Unlimited service or have taken a trial or introductory offer previously, you are ineligible for this offer;
  • (B) provide Spotify with a valid and current payment method. Neither prepaid cards nor Spotify gift cards can be used as a valid payment method for this offer; and
  • (C) pay for your Spotify Premium Service subscription directly to Spotify and not through a third party (e.g., not through a cable or telecommunications provider)."

Alright, fair enough. But then, why do I get ads like that, when your system knows I'm not a new user. Its just stupid. You be probably had more users than me asking this I suppose. 

Suggested posts