Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

$4.99 in Ukraine

$4.99 in Ukraine

Hi, Spotify team.

I will want to find out reasons why the price for Premium in Russia costs 169₽/month, but it`s $4.99 in Ukraine. This price will be more than 2 times if I exchange rubles into hryvnias and dollars into hryvnias.

11 Replies

Hey @IgorDariu, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Sorry to hear this.

Due to the difference in market conditions between countries, the pricing is different. They are the most competitive price suited for each country.

I hope this clears things up.

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey @Billy-J

I'm living in Kazakhstan and the price is $4.99 too
You think that price suits, but it's not. At first, the living level is much higher in Russia than in Kazakhstan. Secondly, why can't you set prices in our currencies like rub in Russia, kzt in Kazakhstan and so.

Prices in other music streaming services are much lower and they are comfortable rather than in Spotify. So, please set prices like in Russia. Prices there are just right.

Thank you

Ok, i understand it and i can puy 5$ for premium in Ukraine but why do u can't give for Ukrainian 3 month free premium like for Russian? I guess it's discrimination !!

And here I was, actually thinking that Spotify do their market research haha😅

Thanks, but I'd rather set my entire family up with Youtube Music for the same cost of $4.99👏

Same thing in Belarus. 5$ per month. This is hilarious!!!

That's hilarious for sure. But hold on, I'll tell you something really sad. In Belarus price for Premium is x2 higher and library of music is x2 smaller than in Russia. Half of my songs is not available to listen. A lot of russian bands fully or particularly unavailable. I highly doubt copyrights holders or some music distributors or whatever "don't want their music to be available in Belarus". That makes no sense. Why would anyone be against that? Makes no sense for me. I agree to pay the higher price but I need full library. Discrimination

Clearly the entirety of Spotify's focus was on launch in russia. Disappointing. At least if the subscription was $5 for all new countries including russia it would seem fair. With the way things currently are as a Ukrainian I can not justify paying over 50% more than a neighbouring wealthier country.

Hey, @Billy-J. About which the competitive price were you saying? I can pay 150 hryvnias per month for Family YouTube Premium, it’s about $5. I will get Music content in YouTube music and ad-free videos on YouTube with an opportunity to download videos for offline watching. For this price, you offer only basic Premium.

I like Spotify and have been waiting for a long time but your prices are NOT competitive right now in Ukraine. Spotify family is $7.99. Youtube Music family plan is 149 UAH (~$5). It would be a no-brainer for me and many others with prices like you have in Russia (~$3.50 for a family plan) or at least for the price we have for YT Music right now.

Many of us simply can't afford it...

the pricing isn't right in Ukraine, Belarus and Kazakhstan for sure

I have been a premium subscriber of Spotify for 5 years. Since the situation with the subscription price does not change. I'll have to go to a competitor where the family subscription costs the same as the basic one here. The guys there know what a competitive price is 🙂

Suggested posts