60 day free premium not working

Plan

Free

Country

USA

Device

Samsung Galaxy s8

My Question or Issue

A while back, I hit 1000 streams and got an email offer for 60 days of free Spotify premium. When I clicked the button to redeem it, it gave me a message that said I wasn't eligible to receive it. Does anyone know the problem here?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Creativename26, and welcome to the community.

Hope you're doing great!

I'm sorry to hear this, but no worries - help's here. 

Please make sure that the payment method you are using hasn't been previously used with any of Spotify's services, as you won't be eligibe since the payment method would then be in the system. 

If you are recieving an error message, please try using another browser or incognito mode to see if that makes a difference. Trying a different internet connection could help as well.

If you're still having trouble, could you send me a screenshot of the offer, and tell me the expiration date? Please hide sensitive info when posting to the community.

Let me know how this goes 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Creativename26, and welcome to the community.

Hope you're doing great!

I'm sorry to hear this, but no worries - help's here. 

Please make sure that the payment method you are using hasn't been previously used with any of Spotify's services, as you won't be eligibe since the payment method would then be in the system. 

If you are recieving an error message, please try using another browser or incognito mode to see if that makes a difference. Trying a different internet connection could help as well.

If you're still having trouble, could you send me a screenshot of the offer, and tell me the expiration date? Please hide sensitive info when posting to the community.

Let me know how this goes 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star

After I read your response I noticed the terms of service button and I checked that out also. Turns out, I tried the free trial in the past which makes me ineligible for the free 60 days. Oh well, thanks for the help anyway!

@Creativename26,

You're welcome, I'm happy I was able to help out. If you need help with anything else, you can always start up a new thread, and the community will be happy to help.

Have a nice day 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star

Suggested posts