Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

8 years of premium - Spotify are pushing me away.

8 years of premium - Spotify are pushing me away.

I have been a Spotify premium customer for 8 years! And it has been great, for the most part, from the very start - I feel like recently I am running in to problems with both the Windows and the Android app and mostly this is because Spotify keep removing features from the applications... Spotify also do not appear to give a **bleep**. Additionally there are so many high bitrate and lossless options springing up from other companies and nothing from Spotify.

Spotify, your GUI has become clunky to use, you keep removing features like unlinking local files (this is a major annoyance to me) and there are better quality offerings springing up all over the place - why am I still paying you each month?

Sicnerely,

Long-term (Disgruntled) Customer

3 Replies

Hey @mrgregm, welcome to the Community!

Thanks a ton for being a user for so long. It means a lot to us and we definitely understand where you're coming from with your concerns.

Rest assured, our team is always taking feedback from users in our Community and social media sites like Twitter and Facebook. 

We always use that feedback as well as A/B tests to try features out and improve the app for every user on every platform. 

We hope that clears everything up. If you ever need us again, feel free to give us a shout. We're always here to help 🙂

Totally empathise with disgruntled user.

Totally unsurprised by the phoney reply from Spotify. Addressed NOTHING in the post, empty words, a pat on the head.

Speak with your subscription, and delete the app. Then keep an eye on Spotify developments, see if they are 'listening' to people like you, and then decide whether to return.

I reject the forced addition of video, many do, so once the option to never see video is instated, I'll consider returning.

TIP - make another account, non subscription, so you can still dip in when desperate.

Welcome to corporate music companies.

List your grievances, OP, share with us.

Suggested posts