Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Abo ändern von Spotify Premium Family zu Spotify Premium

Abo ändern von Spotify Premium Family zu Spotify Premium

Wenn ich versuche mein Abo von Spotify Premium Family zu Spotify Premium anzupassen, kommt folgende Meldung: 

Wir können dein Abo leider nicht umstellen. Das kann verschiedene Gründe haben. Vielleicht bist du nicht berechtigt, dieses Abo zu nutzen. Oder du nutzt es bereits oder hast keine Zahlungsmethode angegeben.

Da das Konto mir ist, bin ich berechtigt. Ich benutzte Spotify Premium Family und nicht Spotify Premium, und meine Zahlungsmethode ist korrekt. 

Warum kann ich nicht wechseln?

7 Replies

Hey @Guest12342, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I hope you don't mind me replying in English. 

Sorry for the late reply - but maybe I can still try to help. 

Since this post was made in August, did you still need help? 

Looking out for your reply!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey there,

digging out this old thread as I have no idea how to create a new thread. I am having exactly the same issue as the original poster. I would like to change from premium family to premium duo but receive an error on the website. It's the same as in the original post, basically saying Spotify cannot change my subscription, which may have several reasons. I do own the account, my payment method is up to date and I am not using any partner offers. 

Side note: I recently disconnected my Spotify account from Facebook, could that be an issue?

Hey @Wida, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear this. For future reference, you're able to create a new thread here.

Can you try changing plans through this link using a different browser or private window? If that doesn't work, can you send me a screenshot of what happens when you try to change your subscription? Make sure to hide sensitive info when posting to the Community.

Let me know how this goes!

Billy-JSpotify Star

Thanks so much for your answer! 

I do get the same error when using your link. Same happens when I use a browser on my laptop. I attached a screenshot of how it looks like on my phone, it's in German though.

Screenshot_20231004-181618.png

Hey @Wida,

Thanks for the screenshot and for trying those steps. Since you're the owner of the Premium Family plan, I'd recommend canceling your Premium Family subscription following these steps. After your account reverts back to Free, upgrade to Premium Duo here.

If you're having trouble after that point - let me know and I'll see what else to suggest.

Keep me posted!

Billy-JSpotify Star

Hey,

it actually worked! I cancelled Premium family and immediately subscribed to Premium Duo. Great thing is, the current subscription will go for another month and Spotify will only charge me for the new subscription after that time (Nov. 4th). I was afraid they'd charge me twice for that month. 

Thanks so much for your help (even though I am still confused as to why I wasn't able to simply switch from one Premium to another)! 

One more question: Can I already invite the person who used my Premium family account to join the Premium Duo or do I have to wait until Nov 4th? 

Hey @Wida,

Thanks for getting back to me! I'm happy to hear everything is good to go. 

Yes, you can invite that person to join the Premium Duo plan. You don't need to wait until November 4 because when you canceled and switched your plan, all members on that plan have already been removed. You can invite and remove Premium Duo members following these steps.

Hope this helps!

Billy-JSpotify Star

Suggested posts