Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Accidentally Upgraded Account under someone else and can't cancel b/c don't know their password.

Accidentally Upgraded Account under someone else and can't cancel b/c don't know their password.

I had someone else logged into Spotify on my work computer previously. However, I was listening to Spotify under my account (hrfranks). I clicked Upgrade while I was listening under my user name and I used my PayPal account; however, it Upgraded the other user who was previously open on my computer instead of me (really wierd). I cannot cancel the subscription under that user (edwardpreston1) because I do not know their password. I also don't know how to get a hold of that user to have them cancel for me. I tried to cancel via PayPal, but won't show up until the first billing next month they said. What do I do? I want to Upgrade MY account, not someone else? I don't want to pay for a month for someone else and then have to cancel. HELP

1 Reply

Hi @hrfranks. Sorry to hear that you've run into that spot of trouble. This looks like an issue you'll want to reach out to support for so they can take the deeper look necessary to get this resolved. To contact support, please fill out the online contact form. If, for whatever reason you would prefer not to, or you cannot use the form, support can also be reached on twitter by reaching out to @SpotifyCares, or on Facebook by sending a message to the Spotify Cares Facebook page.

Please be aware that responses may take anywhere from 24-48 hours depending on the volume of tickets they are currently handling. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns that I might be able to assist you with. Cheers!

Suggested posts