Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Account changed from student to premium

Account changed from student to premium

My account  has just changed from student  pre to normal premium, this was done without my knowledge  and I have been charged. Now to verify my student status I have to supply  documentation! I did not need to do this last time, as I just signed into a portal to verify I was in that college. That no longer is an option for some reason 

5 Replies

Hey there @Casualfanatic

Thanks for reaching out - we’re here to help!

Premium Student is valid for up to 12 months from the date you subscribed. When the discount expires, your subscription automatically continues at the standard rate for Premium Individual unless you cancel or apply for another year (with a 4 year limit). 

We suggest you first try updating the payment details in your Spotify account. Simply open this link and follow all the steps. Don't worry, you won't be charged additionally after you do this. It's just a mere confirmation of the payment details for your student discount.

Once you’ve done so, go to your account page and scroll down to Your plan - here you’ll see the updated price of your subscription. 

Hope this helps. Keep us posted. 

sorry to interrupt, I had the same issue. Does Spotify give you back the extra charge ?

Hey @alyssapls,

Thanks for the post.

You can read more about Spotify's refund policy here.

Hope you find this information useful 🙂

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

In my case Premium Student changed to regular Premium after 5 months and afterwards the spotify charged me double price for 4 months without any notification or allowance to the subscription changes. All this happened within 2022. I have changed my subscription to student again now but still in the subscription shows regular premium subscription. Price doesn't matter, but ethics and moral matters for the customers. 

Having this current issue right now. Spotify didn’t notify me my Student plan was expiring and charged me double for Premium for 3 months. Frustrating that it defaults to Premium rather than free Spotify, making it difficult to notice when your plan has changed (no ads vs ads)

Suggested posts