Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Account hacked and upgraded to family

Account hacked and upgraded to family

I love my Spotify account, I really do, but this is absolutely ridiculous. My account was compromised, the email changed more than once, AND it was upgraded to Premium Family from Premium for which I was charged.I have received no help from Spotify itself except for the "sign everyone out" which has not worked despite me doing that multiple times, as well as changing my password multiple times. I'm at my wits end. When I try to fill out the forms Spotify provides I'm constantly left with what I've screenshot. That is NOT my email.
IMG_0887.PNG
3 Replies

Hey @Kaylarenee

Try this contact form instead

https://support.spotify.com/contact-spotify-anonymous/

Make sure you are logged out of any Spotify account when using the contact form or the username and email field will not show up. It is important so that you can enter the information of the account you are having trouble with and enter a preferred contact email. If you are logged in with a different account that is not having the problem, that account info will be used and support will be confused.

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

You can also tweet or DM @SpotifyCares on Twitter or send a message to Spotify Cares on Facebook.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

The problem was that it was making me log in in order to send anything.

The contact form I linked to does not require you to login. Instead you manually fill in all the details and you can enter an email that Spotify can contact you at.

By using the standard contact form, the reply emails go to the email address that was changed on your account.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts