Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Account linked to Hulu, except it doesn't exist on Hulu's end.

Account linked to Hulu, except it doesn't exist on Hulu's end.

Post might be a little long, I just want to give all the info and all the steps of what I have tried to do to resolve this...

1. Had a bad gateway error on Hulu's website when trying to sign up for Hulu a few months ago when I saw I had free access through my premium sub. 

2. Been away for a few months working in a location with no internet. 

3. Get home and try to log into hulu, which on Spotify, says is active and redirects me to the Hulu login page where I am instructed to login. 

4. NONE of my 3 e-mails work for logging in. I tried using Hulu's various options for account recovery, and none worked (no e-mails exist on their end). 

5. I call Hulu to see if they can help me find my account info. No dice. I give them my birthdate, payment info (for spotify), all 3 e-mail accounts, name etc... I even realized that my spotify account is one I signed up with for facebook, so I provide them with the random number that was assigned as my spotify acct #... they find NOTHING. There is NO connection to my spotify account and Hulu. I had 3 people working on this with me, and we were on the phone for an hour. No resolution they could provide, I simply don't exist. 

6. I go back to Spotify and cancel my premium sub that I was grandfathered into for hulu and spotify, and instead sign up for the student sub, hoping this will fix my issue. 

7. I activate Showtime with no issue, but Hulu... no dice. When I click on the link I found in the forums to activate hulu, whether I choose A) I am new to Hulu or B) I already have an account (I don't) I get this message: 

"Great news! Your Spotify and Hulu accounts are already linked!"

Except they aren't!! 

Step 8: Cancelled my account hoping it would deactivate everything and allow me to relink upon resubbing. This did not work. Maybe I have to cancel and let me accont fully expire, but that's about 3 weeks from now. 

Any advice on this at all? I will reiterate that Hulu went above and beyond trying to help me fix this to no avail. Supervisors and all trying to help, so its got to be something funky on Spotify's end.

Appreciate any feedback from the community.
2 Replies

Hey, @Laverdious 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

So, just to clarify, now you're on a subscription with student discount, aren't you?

Considering that you've tried contact with Hulu Customer Support and even after that your issue wasn't solved, I suggest that you be in touch with the Spotify Customer Support to check what is blocking the connection between Spotify and Hulu system. Just go on there and answer the questions that best explain your issue and then tap "I still need help". Fill the form and then you'll need to wait for a reply on your inbox. If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey there @Laverdious,

thanks for posting !

In addition to what @Luan suggested, there's an ongoing issue regarding what you're experiencing.

Please visit here in order to read more about it.

Hope this sheds some light 🙂

Suggested posts