NEXT STEP

Add BKash payment in Bangladesh

Add BKash payment in Bangladesh

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Bangladesh

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

• We are very excited for Spotify in Bangladesh. But many people don't have any cards to pay premium membership. In Bangladesh, mobile banking is very popular. Everyone have atleat one account. You will get a big number of premium user if you add BKash ( a popular mobile financial services) in the payment segment. I hope you will add this as soon as possible. Thank you.
9 Replies

Hey there @Efat_chowdhury,

Thanks for reaching out about this and welcome to the Community!

While paying with credit card is currently the only available payment method in Bangladesh, we do appreciate your feedback and we’ll get this passed on to the right team. 

We always look for ways to bring better service and deals to you, so we'll make sure your voice is heard 🙂

Have a lovely day!

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Yes! YES! We want it badly. I was so eager to get spotify premium the day spotify launched in BD. Can't do it now cause I don't have any card to pay☹️ Having a bkash payment system would be so awesome to have. As most of the people uses bkash here. 

Yes, It will be awesome if mobile banking (BKash, Nagad, Rocket) payment is available as many people in Bangladesh don't have cards. I have seen Bkash ads in the Spotify desktop app.

bkash.jpg

Having SPOTIFY in Bangladesh was an exciting news for us, the music lovers, until we found the payment method problematic. Adding some payment methods (BKash/ Nogod/ Rocket) would help us to get SPOTIFY PREMIUM, as most of us who wants to go PREMIUM does not hold any credit cards.Please provide us with an update having one of the methods mentioned previously. Thank You.

Hi , thanks to Spotify for starting their operation officially in Asians country . I am from Bangladesh . There is a premium payment option designed for students . In Bangladesh mobile banking system like BKASH , ROCKET , NAGAD are most popular mobile banking payment system . As , a large portion of Bangladesh are youth music lover, and being a developing country , having a bank account before a job is difficult for most of students. Requesting Spotify to create an opportunity to allow these mobile banking payment system as payment option for students .

Dear Spotify, I'd like you to know that you should add more payment methods for BD region. As you recently came to our country we don't know much about your services but we'd appreciate it if you could add payment options other then credit cards such as 'bkash' payment option or like "pay by mobile services".

Thanks, I hope to see these options in future.

Yes please add Bkash and other mobile payment options to reach out to every people in Bangladesh. Because most of us don't have a credit card.

This post should be in idea section actually

Hey there @NirZak,

Thanks for posting on this thread.

I wanted to jump in to clarify that this type of requests go against our Idea Exchange guidelines, specifically point 7: No pricing, subscription or content related requests.

Changes to pricing (including payment methods), subscriptions or content are dependent on the different markets where Spotify is available, so we cannot influence those.

However, we value your feedback on the matter and we'll make sure to pass it on to the right folks.

If you need a hand with anything else, we're always a post away 🙂

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts