Plan

Premium

Country

Germany 

Device

Macbook Pro

Operating System

OSX

I've started to listen to the "We're Alive" Podcast and there is something weird happening. In the begining of each episode I get one ad that doesn't show any banner or info in the Spotify App. Obviously you would think it's embedded in the podcast but the ads are on german while the podcast is english and I highly doubt that the creater of the podcast used current german ads... What could the problem be?

9 Replies

The podcasts I listen to are embedding their own ads nowadays. This makes me so frustrated since I pay for premium too.

As I said... I don't mean the embedded ones. There are spotify ads playing in german while the podcast is in english

Hey @Nudl.

Thanks for getting in touch!

Just to confirm, can you find out if this happens with other podcasts as well? That way we can find out if it's really an add from us that is playing, or perhaps an embedded ad, even though it's in german.

And of course make sure you are logged into your Premium account. It only takes a few clicks to create an account with us, so it's not unusual that some users have a second account they do not know about.

Let us know what you can find. We'll be happy to help!

Have a nice day.

Hi guys, 

I'm having the same issue too, except I am no where near Germany, I live in Melbourne Australia.

I have a premium membership and payments are up to date. 

I don't experience ads on my playlists or any other podcast I listen to, but I have been hearing ads from our state government while listening to "My Dad wrote a **bleep**". They also have their own pre-recorded ads which I understand, but ads from the Victorian Government? 

I have experienced this while offline on mobile and online on my desktop (both apple devices). 

I'm in New Zealand and I'm also getting ads on the "My Dad wrote a **bleep**" podcast but they are for TV shows in New Zealand. Today I got one in the middle of an episode of "The Wost Idea of All Time" for the first time. I'm not 100% sure but I think it is only happening on my phone.

I'm getting loads of ads despite having Spotify premium - but only while listening to the "Worst Idea of All Time" podcast. The podcast is made in New Zealand and I'm listening to episodes from 2014, but I'm getting also ads from the Victoria, Australia government reminding me to vote in the upcoming state election. Plus ads from an Australian employment law firm.

I don't get ads while listening to music or other podcasts.

Spotify/the podcast appears to pause while the ads play.

Can this be fixed?

I'm on a premium family plan and I get local NBN adverts for a UK podcast? This needs to be fixed asap, I pay so I don't get adverts.

I am having the exact same experience: I have Spotify premium. I'm listening to early episodes of the same PodCast ("The Worst Idea of All Time"). And I'm frequently getting ads inserted into the podcast during play. When I was in the USA they were American ads, and I have just flown to Australia and now they're Australian ads.

I *think* it's only happening on my phone (an iPhone XS) ,but I'm not completely sure it hasn't happened on my PC as well.

Perhaps there is only a subset of podcasts to which this is happening and "The Worst Idea of All Time") is one of them?

This is a thing Acast and PodcastOne do as a feature. The actual audio is hosted by these providers and not Spotify, so they just insert whatever ads they see fit into the audio stream.

Suggested posts