Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Ads when i have premium??

Ads when i have premium??

PlanPremium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

1. Imagine paying for spotify to have no ads, only for them to throw them in front of podcasts! Are you people trying to lose subscribers?
3 Replies

Hey @Defectiv, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Spotify doesn't add adverts to podcasts that interrupt the listening experience of Premium users, however, some podcast creators may include third-party advertising, host-read endorsements, or sponsorship messages in their episodes. There is some more information about this in this Spotify Answer.

Hope this clears things up.

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

• Hey @billy-j I am aware podcasts may have read promotions by the podcast host in their show, however SPOTIFY now adds an advert before the episode! I live in western Australia and got 3 state sponsored adverts before the podcast started! Every podcast episode now starts with an advert first.
  • I read that report you linked and it appeared to me what it says is spotify now pays podcasts to allow ads before their show. So the exact reason I pay for membership, to avoid ads, now includes more ads. Fantastic. 

Hi there @Defectiv,

If seems that other users also want to have a Premium absolutely ad free experience while listening to podcasts. You can show your support by heading over to this New Idea thread and clicking on +Vote. The more votes an idea gets, the more likely it is to get implemented.

Here you can read more on how ideas work.

Hope you find this useful.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts