Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Adverts in Podcasts

Adverts in Podcasts

So recently I have been listening to the podcasts that are available to listen to on Spotify and have noticed that quite a number of them have quite lengthy ads and sponsorships in the middle of their content. I have a premium membership and one of the features of having said membership is being able to listen to content without advertisements so I am left wondering why this is allowed to happen and if there is a way to get around listening to these rather long sponserships. I'd imagine that the content creators that are posting their podcasts on Spotify are getting a percentage of either ad revenue or money from Spotify themselves so I don't see how it's fair to also include advertisements in their content for people who have paid good money to avoid listening to them on top of that.

2 Replies

Hey @jessiicccaaar! Welcome to the Spotify Community. ^^

That doesn't sound quite right.

You’ll still hear ads if they’re recorded into the podcast itself. But you won’t hear any ads by Spotify though. ^^

And have you tried reinstalling your app? If not here's a step by step tutorial.

Let me know how it goes! ^^

Peace

My issue isn't that I am hearing adverts as I would do if I had a free Spotify account, my issue is that I am hearing lengthy sponsorships that are embedded into the podcasts that I am listening to. So for example, I will be half way through listening to a podcast and the content is interrupted by a "message from our sponsors". 

Why is this allowed to happen if I'm paying for a premium membership that has a feature that makes it so that I don't have to listen to advertisements? 

Suggested posts