Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Change from Duo back to Single member premium

[All Platforms] Change from Duo back to Single member premium

I recently signed up for a duo plan (changed my plan from a Premium to a Duo), and then realized I didn't need it right now.  

But when I go to my "account" page, it will not allow me to change my plan back to a regular premium plan.  It gives me the following message
"Unable to change plans. This could be because you're not eligible for this plan, you're already on it, or you don't have a stored payment method."
I am eligible (because I just had a premium plan a week ago)

I'm not already on it
I do have a stored payment method because my account is automatically paid every month.  

Any ideas? 

3 Replies

Hey @nmcmahon15, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Can you try changing plans here using a different browser or private window?

Let me know how this goes!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi!

I have the same problem. It will only let me change to Student or Spotify free. Help? I want to go back to spotify premium.

Cannot find any customer service details.

Hi there @Ellabz,

Thanks for the post.

Since this thread is quite old, can you let me know what Premium plan you're currently on - Family or Duo and the county set on your account? Depending on your payment method and your country, it's not always possible to switch between plans directly.

I'd recommend opening an incognito browser window and trying to change your subscription type from there. If you still don't see the option to change directly to Premium Individual, you might need to leave the plan so that your account reverts to Spotify free. After this you should be able to subscribe for Individual. 

Note that all your playlists, songs, etc. will remain intact. While on Spotify free, you'll get ads while listening to music, and your downloaded songs will need to be redownloaded once you re-subscribe for Premium, since the downloads will get removed when you go on the free service.

Keep us posted on how you get on with this.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts