Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Other] Issues with Google Home Mini Offer, Spotify or Google

[All Platforms][Other] Issues with Google Home Mini Offer, Spotify or Google

So here is my issue with this whole Google Home Mini offer for premium users,

tl;dr; Have spent hours of my life talking to both Google and Spotify support and neither company will take ownership of me not receiving the offer or provide a solution. What do I do?

I thought this would be a great time to sign up for premium and get a Google Home thrown in with it, but I have now wasted hours of my life trying to redeem this offer and the issue is not resolved.

Essentially the following events took place:

Received a code for the offer from Spotify  --> Claimed the offer through the Google Store and my offer was immediately cancelled for no apparent reason --> Contacted Google and was informed it was a payment verification issue on their end  and I should contact Spotify to get a new code --> Contacted Spotify and they told me that it was Google's fault for invalidating my promo code and they couldn't give me another one so I needed to contact Google again --> Spent an hour talking to Google support outlining the situation and they had no solution for me, ultimately saying Spotify should be responsible for this and to contact them again --> Contacted Spotify for the SECOND time, outlined my situation and was told there wasn't really anything they could do but they would escalate it to their "Specialty" team again to try and resolve the issue.

So which company is at fault here? Who should I be contacting to get this resolved?

I think it is on Google because of the fact that they invalidated my promo code even though it was never actually used and they immediately cancelled my order for no reason but I don't know.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

1 Reply

Hi,

I searched for the offer of spotify but I can't find it. Do you know if they still have this offer?

Regards,

René

Suggested posts