Premium

Country

USA

Device

Irrelevant

Operating System

similarly irrelevant

My Question or Issue

My payments fail when using my AMEX card. I will not go back to using PayPal. This issue has been around for at least four years based on my cursory search. How? I don't know. No resolution is ever given in the threads either.

I would be court martialled if I failed to fix a basic issue for four years. 

Yes, my post is not necessarily nice in tone. My issue is no less valid for it.

4 Replies

Hi there! 🙂

Sorry to hear you’re having some trouble paying for Premium at the moment. I’d recommend checking out this article for payment troubleshooting steps.

There’s also some specific subscription-related troubleshooting over at our Spotify Answers board.

Hope this helps!

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Well considering you haven't linked me anything pertaining to my problem, I'm going to have to insist that you prostrate yourself for a company elsewhere.  Not only did you not help, you made it seem as if I was incapable of using even the most basic of search functions and/or reading. 

Have a good day, do not reply if your ends aren't to help but for furthering your own position. Thanks!

Hey @PandoraNumbaOne.

Thanks for reaching out to us about this. We're here to help.

Since there shouldn't be any reason why your AMEX card doesn't work (provided you are in a country which supports them as a payment method), could we ask you to try some general payment troubleshooting steps first?

First, could you try opening the payments page in a different browser/incognito window? If that doesn't work, then could you let us know what happens when you attempt to pay for your subscription when using your AMEX card, including any errors that appear?

Thanks! We'll be looking out for your reply.

Same issue here.  I’ve linked my AMEX to other apps / accounts, but Spotify for some reason just keeps providing the following error:  Payment failed. Try again, or use a different payment method.  I have plenty of available money on that card to pay for this so not sure what else the problem could be.

Suggested posts