Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Automatic payment failing since last month

Solved!

Automatic payment failing since last month

Hi, I'm on Premium for quite a long time, but last month, payment failure appeared that Spotify couldn't charge my card. Same thing happened this month. I have to go to payments, enter THE SAME card again and then it's ok. Until last month, there was absolutely no problem with this ever.

I'm a Spotify fan, but this is pretty annoying. I believe that it has something to do with a change on Spotify side connected with payments, because receipt number format has also radically changed last month.

Plan

Premium

Country

Czechia

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi,

thanks for reply. I contacted my card issuer and bank told me that there was a change in the way how Spotify does the card charges ~3 months ago. Now, Spotify uses the less restrictive (secure) way of using cards, so I had to newly enable the "MO/TO" settings on my card to make the regular payment possible.

It would be good if Spotify noticed customers that there was such a change. Or maybe I completely missed it.

Regards,

Petr

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Hey @bgpetr!

Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to the Community!

If the system has trouble processing the payment every month, we'd recommend checking with your bank if your card is stil open for recurring purchases.

It's also a good idea to have a bit more funds on it than the price of the subscription to make everything goes smoothly.

Keep us posted on how it goes. Give us a shout if you have any further questions.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!
Marked as solution

Hi,

thanks for reply. I contacted my card issuer and bank told me that there was a change in the way how Spotify does the card charges ~3 months ago. Now, Spotify uses the less restrictive (secure) way of using cards, so I had to newly enable the "MO/TO" settings on my card to make the regular payment possible.

It would be good if Spotify noticed customers that there was such a change. Or maybe I completely missed it.

Regards,

Petr

Suggested posts