Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Availability of spotify in Mauritius

Solved!

Availability of spotify in Mauritius

Hello, 

I have seen other posts about the availability of spotify in Mauritius but noticed that you are expecting a certain number of votes to launch it, but the thing is that most people are not aware of this community thus, a lot of people cannot vote. 

Its 2019 yet spotify is not willing to deploy its servuces in Mauritius thats sad. We hav deezer but it does not have lastest song nor a lot of artist of a genre, yet people use it just because spotify is not available here. Come on make it happen, we want it.  I hope you really consider the request of making it available in Mauritius.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Acewonder  @Daveto  @Raclettte @rainedearr28  @KingJace

Good news!

Spotify is now available in Mauritius

You can read more information about Spotify's launch in new markets in this news article: Spotify Expands International Footprint, Bringing Audio to 80+ New Markets

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

13 Replies

Hey, @Acewonder 

Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for posting!

Spotify works hard to reach more and more countries in the World to allow that everyone have a great sound experience, but it isn't simple, unfortunately. Soon, Spotify will be available in more countries and Mauritius can be one of these, just share the ongoing idea to get more votes. 

We love playing music in headphones and speakers around the world. Here are the countries where you can sign up for Spotify:

AsiaJapan, Israel, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam, India. 
EuropeAndorra, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, United Kingdom.
Latin America and the CaribbeanArgentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay.
North AmericaCanada, United States.
AfricaAlgeria, Egypt, Morocco, South Africa, Tunisia. 
OceaniaAustralia, New Zealand.
Middle EastBahrain, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates.

You can get informations about availability on Spotify for Record.

If you need more info or have any other questions, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star

How is this marked as solved? We still don’t have Spotify in Mauritius and you have to login to vote. Is there another platform to vote that does not require someone to already have a Spotify account? 

Hey Spotify!

Listen I know it's not simple to make the app available in Mauritius,  but its 2020 and we've been waiting too long now , come on I must use an VPN just to listen to your music and yet I cant download anything.  I want to purchase the premium but it's not available and every time I must switch account and watch ads just to get 30 minutes of uninterrupted listening, it **bleep** me off ! And not only me but I'm 100 % sure that everyone in Mauritius want spotify to be available here .

And before I finish , I've switched account like 10 times just to listen to spotify music. That's how must I like Spotify !

Hope you read this and please try to it available 

Oh come on, Spotify!
I live in Asia and visited Mauritius. I love the quality of music I get from your app. I also was hoping to share the experience with a friend in Mauritius who loves music a lot. It's just unfortunate that I couldn't share this wonderful experience because of its unavailability in his country. I hope you could send us a link where we could vote.

We are still waiting. I subscribe to a VPN just to take a spotify subs but that is also not possible. 

It's just incredible, and what is amazing is that other streaming platform like deezer, tidal is available in Mauritius. 

Spotify is available in mauritius if only you have premium account that allows you to listen to Spotify outside your country.

When I was in the uk I created an account using my uk sim which I still use it and created a Google play account registered as uk version so I can download the Spotify but was already preinstalled on my Samsung s20 ultra.

Just to say if you don't want to use a vpn might consider someone start the subscription for you then update the payment method to mauritius using your visa card.

Master card mauritius doesn't allow payments only visa with foreign currency allowed on the card will do it.

1. That's what I know now maybe some other people are using spotify in mauritius too.
  2. And tidal is not available in mauritius I had to cancelled my hifi subscription to tidal cause it doesn't support mauritius method of payments. 
Marked as solution

Hey @Acewonder  @Daveto  @Raclettte @rainedearr28  @KingJace

Good news!

Spotify is now available in Mauritius

You can read more information about Spotify's launch in new markets in this news article: Spotify Expands International Footprint, Bringing Audio to 80+ New Markets

MattSudaSpotify Star

I already have Spotify for almost 3 years nearly i am subscribed to Spotify. Its a great app cheaper than tidal no Master Quality Audio but fair enough for the price. 😉

Spotify is now available in Mauritius. Earlier it was listed on the website and then removed but it appears to be fully available now. Sorry for the confusion earlier.

You can read more information about Spotify's launch in new markets in this news article:

Spotify Expands International Footprint, Bringing Audio to 80+ New Markets

MattSudaSpotify Star

Wow I pay 9.99£ 530 rs for a monthly subscription whereas in mauritius its only 2.99$ like 130rs

I don't know if it has still has all the same features and songs like spotify uk.

I subscribed yearly since 3 years.

I mean there's a big gap in between prices. 

Greetings,
Following this amazing step that Spotify took to allow the Mauritians to enjoy the service, it would be really appreciated if Spotify Premium Family could be provided as a subscription option alongside the personal one.

There is a sure major audience here in MAURITIUS who would benefit from the additional bonuses provided by this subscription.
To also be noted, most of the Spotify-Eligible countries have this option to cater for Spotify users who want to expand their family circle and share this amazing service.

Waiting for a fruitful outcome from this incentive.

Regards,
RCharter

Hi there @RCharter,

Thank you for your reply in this thread and for the provided feedback.

Rest assure that we always take your feedback into consideration as we always want to improve and satisfy all of our users. However we can't say when or if this will exists in Mauritius at the moment, but we always recommend that you keep an eye out in our newsroom.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else in the meantime 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hi Jeremy,

I can understand the current policies from Spotify concerning Mauritius. Recently, the main Local ISP partnered with Spotify for Artists in view of promoting the local culture. We are actively on the move here in liaising with the best available service Spotify has to provide and on behalf of the expanding community here, we are once again requesting a broader opening in terms of the available subscriptions. 

Regards, 
RCharter

Suggested posts