Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

BAJA DE CUENTA POR QUE EL GOBIERNO ARGENTINO COBRA INTERESES

BAJA DE CUENTA POR QUE EL GOBIERNO ARGENTINO COBRA INTERESES

Quería saber si me pueden informar sobre el tema ya que en argentina salio una noticia que todo lo que se este pagando en dolares (x ej. SPOTIFY, AMAZON, NETFLIX, etc) se van a descontar automáticamente de la cuenta de la tarjeta de credito en dolares que cada uno tenga, sumado a un interes que se lleva el =&%$!ª gobierno de turno. Es por este tema que me voy a dar de baja hasta que saquen estas pabadas de las trabas con los dolares.

Si es que estoy equivocado avisenmé 

85 Replies

Hi, Mihail I'm having the same problem as the rest of the Argentinian people due to the payment amount. I have just received a spotify email telling me that, as a result of the new tax resolution issued by the Argentine government, I will see a new tax of 35% reflected in my bank statement.
I would like to find a solution to solve this problem. Thanks!

Lo de la facturación que pone el Moderador no es cierto. Yo veo como entra el gasto en dolares en la tarjeta, y luego el banco lo convierte en pesos. Hoy Spotify mando un mail diciendo que cargara el 35% mas en el costo, ergo, me estan cobrando en dolares, sino no tendria sentido. En lugar de poner "solve" algo que no esta "solve", Spotify deberia buscar una solucion real, antes que media Argentina se dé de baja..... Pesimo este blog de Ayuda.

Mihail , gracias por tu respuesta veo los recibos en pesos como tu indicas.

Pero hoy me envió un mail Spotify diciendo que me cobraran el impuesto extra como si fuese de moneda extranjera. 

Cuando pregunto en el Chat de soporte  en que moneda me emiten la factura me dicen que no pueden darme mi información. una locura!

Me puedes ayudar?

Si esta en Pesos como indica el recibo no deberian cobrarme impuesto extra.

Hi everyone,

Writing to share some useful info with you all regarding the situation.

It's been thoroughly looked into and the FAQ you'll find below was carefully put together as a result.

Hope you'll find it useful.

Cheers!

FAQ:

What is this new tax?

The Argentine Government has implemented a new 35% tax, in addition to the PAIS tax and VAT.

You should also have a separate email from Spotify to inform you that the additional tax will be applied to your Premium subscription and you will begin to see this additional from your next payment to Spotify, as a result of the new regulations.
You will see the new charges with a separate item on your bank statement as of September 16th, 2020, the effective date of the new regulation.

Spanish - El gobierno argentino ha introducido un nuevo impuesto del 35% adicional al impuesto PAIS y al IVA.

Deberías haber recibido un correo de parte de Spotify para informarte sobre el impuesto adicional que será aplicado a tu suscripción Premium y que empezarás a ver desde tu próximo pago como resultado de las nuevas regulaciones. Verás el nuevo cargo separado en dos partes en tu extracto bancario a partir del 16 de septiembre de 2020, fecha en la que entra en vigencia la nueva regulación.

The charge for Spotify appears in USD on my bank statement. Could you change it to ARS?

Your price for Spotify is in Argentine Pesos (ARG). Your bank may convert this amount to USD on your statement. We’d recommend reaching out to your bank for more info about this.

I've contacted my bank and they told me Spotify is charging me in USD. Why is this happening?

The price you pay for Spotify is in Argentine Pesos (ARG). When processing the payment, your bank may be converting the currency to USD. You can always see the details of what you’re being charged by checking out your receipts. We have more info about this at https://support.spotify.com/article/how-can-i-get-a-receipt-for-spotify/.

I've seen that if you cancel your subscription and re-subscribe the currency is going to change. Is that true?

All subscriptions for Argentine Accounts for Spotify are charged in Argentine Pesos (ARG). You can always see the details of what you’re being charged by checking out your receipts at https://www.spotify.com/account/subscription/receipt/. If your payments appear in USD on your bank statement, we’d recommend reaching out to your bank for more information.

If you charge in ARS, why am I being taxed?

The additional charge is the result of the new regulations introduced by the Argentine Government. These regulations require the new 35% tax to be added onto payments for Spotify, in addition to the PAIS tax and VAT. The price you pay for Spotify is in Argentine Pesos (ARG) but when processing the payment, your bank may be converting the currency to USD.

Could you add cash-based payment options for the Premium Duo and Premium Family plans?

Updated January 21st, 2021

Cash-based payment methods have now been made available not only for Premium Individual subscriptions, but also for Premium Family. Currently you can pay by cash for these plans via  RapiPago and Pago Facil. Check here for more info.

If you're the owner of the Premium Family plan, you can repurchase before the first period ends to prevent your family members being removed and reverting to their previous subscription.

We'll make sure to update you if cash based payments become available for other subscription types, such as Premium Duo.

Why are you increasing the price for the subscription instead of absorbing those taxes on your own?

The additional charge is the result of the new regulations introduced by the Argentine Government. These regulations require the new 35% tax to be added onto payments for Spotify, in addition to the PAIS tax and VAT. Absorbing the tax is not possible with the new regulations and we need to comply with them. You will see this new tax added as a separate line on your bank statement.

I live in 'Tierra del Fuego' I should be exempt from any taxes.
The current regulations require Spotify to charge the new 35% tax even if you’re located in Tierra del Fuego.

Is Ebanx or Spotify the one adding those taxes?
The additional charge is the result of the new regulations introduced by the Argentine Government, which is why you will see this new tax added to your subscription cost on your bank statement.

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Yo he cambiado de tarjeta de crédito y en vez de pago en dólares paso a pesos argentinos, pero sigo con el impuesto del 35%

A mi me paso lo mismo, pero tienen otras opciones de poder pagar sin el impuesto. Una de ellas es con alguna tarjeta prepaga virtual de Mastercard  con cuenta en el exterior. Pueden utilizar por ejemplo payoneer o cualquier otra similar. En https://ecomo.com.ar/ había leído una guía muy completa sobre las diferentes opciones para poder pagar sin tarjeta de crédito y no pagar el impuesto.

Me gusta tener el servicio pago por que escucha mucha música y no tengo publicidad, es una lástima que el gobierno argentino de nuestro país nos ponga un impuesto por escuchar una app música. Es lamentable que tengamos que buscar tarjetas virtuales del exterior para seguir disfrutando.

Suggested posts