Announcements
Hi folks! We're aware of reports about your Wrapped stories misbehaving and we're looking into it. We've managed to fix the issue with the Wrapped banner/stories not showing up. More info here. If the stories cause your app to stop responding, please subscribe here. Also, check out our Wrapped FAQ for answers to common questions.

BAJA DE CUENTA POR QUE EL GOBIERNO ARGENTINO COBRA INTERESES

Mario

Hi everyone,

Writing to share some useful info with you all regarding the situation.

It's been thoroughly looked into and the FAQ you'll find below was carefully put together as a result.

Hope you'll find it useful.

Cheers!

FAQ:

What is this new tax?

The Argentine Government has implemented a new 35% tax, in addition to the PAIS tax and VAT.

You should also have a separate email from Spotify to inform you that the additional tax will be applied to your Premium subscription and you will begin to see this additional from your next payment to Spotify, as a result of the new regulations.
You will see the new charges with a separate item on your bank statement as of September 16th, 2020, the effective date of the new regulation.

Spanish - El gobierno argentino ha introducido un nuevo impuesto del 35% adicional al impuesto PAIS y al IVA.

Deberías haber recibido un correo de parte de Spotify para informarte sobre el impuesto adicional que será aplicado a tu suscripción Premium y que empezarás a ver desde tu próximo pago como resultado de las nuevas regulaciones. Verás el nuevo cargo separado en dos partes en tu extracto bancario a partir del 16 de septiembre de 2020, fecha en la que entra en vigencia la nueva regulación.

The charge for Spotify appears in USD on my bank statement. Could you change it to ARS?

Your price for Spotify is in Argentine Pesos (ARG). Your bank may convert this amount to USD on your statement. We’d recommend reaching out to your bank for more info about this.

I've contacted my bank and they told me Spotify is charging me in USD. Why is this happening?

The price you pay for Spotify is in Argentine Pesos (ARG). When processing the payment, your bank may be converting the currency to USD. You can always see the details of what you’re being charged by checking out your receipts. We have more info about this at https://support.spotify.com/article/how-can-i-get-a-receipt-for-spotify/.

I've seen that if you cancel your subscription and re-subscribe the currency is going to change. Is that true?

All subscriptions for Argentine Accounts for Spotify are charged in Argentine Pesos (ARG). You can always see the details of what you’re being charged by checking out your receipts at https://www.spotify.com/account/subscription/receipt/. If your payments appear in USD on your bank statement, we’d recommend reaching out to your bank for more information.

If you charge in ARS, why am I being taxed?

The additional charge is the result of the new regulations introduced by the Argentine Government. These regulations require the new 35% tax to be added onto payments for Spotify, in addition to the PAIS tax and VAT. The price you pay for Spotify is in Argentine Pesos (ARG) but when processing the payment, your bank may be converting the currency to USD.

Could you add cash-based payment options for the Premium Duo and Premium Family plans?

Cash-based payment methods are only available with a Premium Individual subscription right now. We’re aware of the request for cash-based payment options for our other subscription types and have passed the feedback onto the right folks. We'll make sure to update you on any developments.

Why are you increasing the price for the subscription instead of absorbing those taxes on your own?

The additional charge is the result of the new regulations introduced by the Argentine Government. These regulations require the new 35% tax to be added onto payments for Spotify, in addition to the PAIS tax and VAT. Absorbing the tax is not possible with the new regulations and we need to comply with them. You will see this new tax added as a separate line on your bank statement.

I live in 'Tierra del Fuego' I should be exempt from any taxes.
The current regulations require Spotify to charge the new 35% tax even if you’re located in Tierra del Fuego.

Is Ebanx or Spotify the one adding those taxes?
The additional charge is the result of the new regulations introduced by the Argentine Government, which is why you will see this new tax added to your subscription cost on your bank statement.

Re: NECESITO PASAR A PESOS LA FACTURACION

Hey folks,

Thanks posting here in the Community! We'll gladly shed some light on the situation.

We can confirm that all payments made in Argentina are charged in Argentinian pesos. You can double check this by going to your account page and checking your receipts. This page explains how you can do this. 

Alternatively you can use one of the cash based pay-as-you-go options for individual Premium plans.To do this select PAYG method from the Premium section of your account page, there you'll see 'Pay with Cash' options. You'll  be directed to the payment provider's page where you'll see a voucher which you can save or print out. Once you take the voucher to the relevant store and pay in cash, Premium should be instantly activated.

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

MihailModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music is a language that doesn’t speak in particular words. It speaks in emotions, and if it’s in the bones, it’s in the bones.” - Keith Richards

Casual Listener

Mihail, thanks for the quick reply. I did what you suggested, but in my bank I get charged in USD. So the fact that I can see the receipts in Pesos in Spotify doesn´t change the fact that I´m being charged in USD in my bank account. I need that to be changed in order to continue with my subscription.

Re: Pago en AR$ - Argentine peso fee

Visitor
Buen día! Mismo caso... ayer hablé con el Santander y me dijeron que al momento del cobro, se convierte a pesos y ellos no registran en qué moneda se refleja en el resumen..

Visitor

Although the setting page shows amount in ARS, the credit card charges in USD.

You should find a solution to this, a lot of people have the same issue as you can see in this blog otherwise a lot of will unsuscribe as I will do if you don't correct this issue.

Re: Facturación en pesos

Visitor

Same here.

SPA:

Vivo en Argentina y poseo un Plan Premium Familiar. Necesito que me facturen mi suscripción en pesos argentinos por favor.

Aguardo novedades y confirmación de mi solicitud.

Gracias.

ENG:
I live in Argentina and I have a Premium Family Plan. I need my subscription to be billed in argentinean pesos please.

I looking forward to any news and confirmation of my request.

Thank you.

Visitor
Tengo exactamente el mismo problema, necesito que me debiten de la tarjeta en pesos.

Casual Listener
Mismo caso, quisiera cambiar la facturacion a moneda local (pesos argentinos - ARS)
Calberghina

Argentina - services to be billed in local currency ARS

Casual Listener

Plan

Premium

Country

Argenina

Device

(Samsung Galaxy A8)

Operating System

(Android )

My Question or Issue

Good morning, I can see under my Spotify account that cost of the service is in Argentine pesos (local currency), but on my credit card it is in US dollars. My credit card company told me that you have to make that conversion from dollars to pesos Argentines since the credit card is only an intermediary in the payment process.

Could you please make this change?

Tks

Visitor
misma situacion, depende de spotify la facturacion en pesos. dejo mi mail como forma de comunicacion: nicomanmar@hotmail.com

Visitor
What about for Familiar Premium plan? Is there any PAYG alternative?

Cheers,
SUGGESTED POSTS