Premium individual

Country

United Kingdom

Device

Dell + Samsung

Operating System

Android, Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I have a premium individual UK account and when I try to update it to a premium duo it requires me to fill out a US address and doesn't give me any alternatives. Does anyone have an idea what to do?

1 Reply

A howlin' hello to you yael_shaked!

If you're encountering a situation where Spotify is requesting a US address despite having a UK account and you need to update to a Premium Duo subscription, here are a few steps you can take to resolve the issue:

• Contact Spotify Support: Reach out to Spotify's customer support directly. Explain the situation and provide details about your account and the error message you're receiving. They should be able to assist you in updating your account without requiring a US address.

• Use a VPN: Try using a Virtual Private Network (VPN) service to temporarily change your IP address to a US location. This may allow you to proceed with the account upgrade without encountering the address requirement. However, keep in mind that this solution might not always work, and it's best to rely on official support channels for assistance.

• Provide an alternative address format: If there is a field to input an address manually, you can try entering your UK address in a slightly modified format. For example, you could try abbreviating or omitting parts of the address to fit the required format. This workaround might be accepted by the system, but it's not guaranteed.

• Create a new account: If all else fails, you can consider creating a new account specifically for the Premium Duo subscription. Use a different email address and follow the sign-up process with the appropriate US address. However, keep in mind that this option would require you to transfer your playlists and preferences from your existing UK account to the new one.

Remember, it's always recommended to seek assistance from official customer support channels, as they have the best resources and information to resolve account-related issues.

Don't leave me in the doghouse, keep me informed on your situation!

-Prague the Dog

PragueSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts