Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Being charged all year full-price even after talking with support about refund for student discount

Being charged all year full-price even after talking with support about refund for student discount

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Illinois, USA

Device

Macbook Pro late 2016, Mac, iPhone 5c

Operating System

Mac

My Question or Issue

Hi there, I spoke with someone earlier this year about how I had been getting charged the full 9.99/month for Spotify Premium rather than my Student Discount because it would not let me verify that I was a student even though I was fully registered with the school, even when I tried switching it.  So, long story short, you used to have an instant messenger chat service where I could talk with customer support and they were nice and said that they would enact the student discount and refund me for the extra charges.  However, I check back tonight to look over my subscriptions before the end of the year and nothing actually changed and I'm still being charged 9.99 a month and nothing was changed!  What happened?  😞  Do you think you could please please please help me out and actually verify my student-ship and can you still give me the refund like you stated you would originally?  I'm a broke college student who needs all the money she can to pay her other monthly charges and get through school.  Tonight I tried re-verifying to sign up for the student discount so if you see that, that is new as of tonight.  Thanks so much and you all take care, and have a Happy New Year. 🙂

-Kel

1 Reply

Hey there @klachata2,

Not to worry, Spotify still offers support over both social media and Live Chat! Since you've already been in touch with Spotify Support, they'll be the best folks to help you out here; you can send them a message using any of the options over here

If you have any other questions, just let me know! 

Suggested posts