Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Being hijacked with random playlists

Being hijacked with random playlists

Hi guys, 

Random one, I feel like I'm losing my mind. Randomly through the day or night as I'm listening to Spotify on my phone, a pop-up will come up with a new track and "Playing on Kitchen Speaker" and hijack my song with another song. Mostly different songs but mainly showtunes (Fame soundtrack and In the Heights) as well as kids songs. It happenes multiple times while listening, and means I need to override everytime and then find my currenlt playlist again to resttart. It happens so often that my Recently Played list is full of these random songs and playlists (many that haven't hijacked me, so I'm assuming are being played when I'm not online). 

I have so far:

1. Deleted the app and reinstalled - phone and desktop
  2. Reset password (via desktop) - I don't use Facebook to log in 
  3. Removed all device access + signed out of everything 
  4. Clicked "Listen on Kicthen Speaker" to the pop up to and then once it's allowed to do that, I then click "Forget this Device" for Kitchen Speaker to remove it.  
  5. Unplugged the only external speaker I use for Spotify - my Google Home, which isn't called "Kitchen Speaker but I wanted to be sure it wasn't that. 

I'm at an absolute loss. Most of the time I'm at work at my desk - which is nowhere near any of my speakers. 

My details: Premium, iPhone 6, iOS 12.1.3,  Australia

Thanks

3 Replies

Hi there!

Sorry to hear that you think someone else has gained access to your Spotify account.

Check out this Spotify Answer for the next steps to take (you might think that you've already done all of them, but just have another look around, there's at least one more step you can do).

Thanks 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thabnks for that! I have done all of those things though and it's still happening. 

Thanks for letting me know.

In that case, I'd recommend reaching back out to Support so they can secure your account one more time. 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts