Step 1

NEXT STEP

Being over charged $11.30 for my premium subscription

Being over charged $11.30 for my premium subscription

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

8 Replies

Hey @haley21, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Can you let me know how much you’re usually charged for Premium? Once I get some more detail, I’ll be happy to help further.

Looking out for your reply!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Same with me, I recently noticed that I was usually getting charged $9.99 for Premium but since February am getting charged $11.30 from the autopayment. 

Hey @12182665836

Happy to help. Can you let me know your country of residence? I'll take a closer look. 

@haley21  let me know if you still need help with this 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hello, I am too! I live in Miami, FL and was Always charged $9.99 - then for some reason I checked and was Getting charged $11.30 or more!!!! What is going on?

Hey there,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Let me explain what could possibly have happened.

Where applicable, the price for Premium includes VAT (value added tax). You can always see the details of what you’re being charged by checking out your receipts. We have more info about this here.

If prices are changed due to local laws, we send out notifications to all affected users in advance, so we'd ask you to also check your email inbox for such notifications, spam folder included.

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

DianModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Looks like 13.16% communication tax....

Hi, I’m from South Carolina and noticed that I was more than double charged last month. With the new pricing and after tax I normally get charged $18.52, but last month I had the regular charge plus two other charges for $16.99. I have this month’s charge pending right now along with another extra charge of $16.99. What is going on?

Hi @Brooke0924,

Thanks for your reply in this thread. 

If you're seeing two additional charges from Spotify, you might have another Premium account. You can check if you have more than one account by following these specific steps. If you do find another Premium account, you can cancel the subscription on it by following the steps here.

If you can't find any, it's best to contact our Support team and they'll help you check.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Susan_GPModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts