Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can I keep my account if I cancel my premium plan and start a new one?

Can I keep my account if I cancel my premium plan and start a new one?

I want to start a new premium plan to get the student discount. I'm currently paying for Spotify via my mobile operator. Will I be able to log in to my old account or will all my playlists disappear?
1 Reply

Hi there,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community, and welcome!

No worries, you keep your same Spotify account no matter which plan you switch to or from; so you won’t lose any of your playlists or saved music if you cancel the current Premium plan with your mobile operator and start a new Premium Student plan.

You can cancel your current Premium plan by visiting your mobile operator’s website (you’ll find their contact info on your account page, under Payment). After canceling, you’ll then need to wait for your current Premium time to end before switching to Premium Student.

When your Spotify account switches to the free plan, you can sign up for Premium Student by following these steps.

Feel free to read more about switching between different Premium plans in this support article, as well as to read more about switching to Premium Student in this FAQ article

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts