Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can I start a new Premium 12m voucher before the current one has expired?

Can I start a new Premium 12m voucher before the current one has expired?

Plan : Premium

So, due to a mix-up, my sister and I both independently bought my parents a 12m digital voucher for Premium, so they now have two!

Trying to get a refund on either has been a dead end.

I can see that the vouchers have 12m to be activated, so my question is...can they activate one now, and in 11 months enter second code (i.e. before it expires) OR will it not allow them to enter a new code while one is still live?

TIA, Si 

ps. Alternatively, does anyone want a 12m Premium subscription for a bargain £80?  🙂

4 Replies

Hey @l47b3ie_k-6y, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I'll be happy to help you.

If you'd like a refund for the gift cards, I'd recommend reaching out to the place you brought them since they have more control over this.

Yes, you can add 2 gift cards to your account. First, redeem the first gift card here. Then, after it's been applied - you can redeem the second one using the same link. That way, your Premium Time will increase to 24 months.

I hope this helps!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

That's great if they can add 2x 12m vouchers...thanks vm.

I have told them, and I am already getting messages that they are struggling to add the second and on 'chat' with Spotify...parents and tech!

I will let you know how it goes 🙂

Ok, so dad was unable to add the 2nd code, then spent ages on chat with them….it sounds like you can only add up to 18m of vouchers.

They then told him to just add it when the other one expires in 12m.

However, I have checked the T&Cs and they state :  6. The Card must be redeemed within 12 months of the date of purchase, after which date the PIN will expire and the Card cannot be used for purchase

So, some bad advice from Spotify as the 2nd will have become void before the 1st runs out!

Presumably, he can add it in about 6m time as then the totals vouchers would be under the 18m.

Might just sell it to avoid the risk !

So I think the answer to my original Q, is yes you can, as long as the total is less than 18m...unless anyone has any further input?

Cheers

Hi @l47b3ie_k-6y,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop!

You're right there - With the 18-months limit to the amount of Premium months you can stack up at one time, you'll have to wait until there are less than 6 months left until you can redeem another 12 months of Premium 🙂

Concerning the expiration date of the card - this may vary from country to country and should be visible on the card itself or you can check it in the T&Cs.

Hope this helps clear things up. Let us know if you have any other questions.

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts