Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can US gift cards be redeemed by someone from EU ?

Can US gift cards be redeemed by someone from EU ?

Plan

Free

Country

Romania

Device

Samsung S7

Operating System

Android, Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Hi, I'd like to know if I buy an US gift card would I be able to redeem it since I'm in EU ? I've tried finding Europe giftcards but I didn't find any unfortunately and there's also no paysafecard option.

3 Replies

Hey @Girko2, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Spotify gift cards can only be redeemed on Spotify accounts registered in the same country where they were purchased. 

In your case, if you buy a gift card from the US but the country on your account is from EU, you won't be able to redeem the US gift card since it's not purchased in the same country as your account.

If your country supports PayPal, you can purchase Spotify gift cards from them here. Once you purchase the gift card, you can redeem it here.

There is more info on Gift Cards here.

Let me know if you have any more questions!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey @Girko2,

Just writing to add something to @Billy-J's suggestion.

It'd also be good for you to check if any electronic or game stores nearby sell physical gift cards 🙂 

Hope you'll find this useful. Don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

Have a nice day!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi, first of all thank you both of you for answering so quickly to my question. Would an USA gift card work for me, EU, if I were to use a v p n and change my country on the account ?

Suggested posts