Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can family plan members see my activity?

Can family plan members see my activity?

So I want to join my family’s plan, but I don’t want anyone seeing what I listen to (it’s a lot of guilty pleasure pop songs). I’ve heard that the admin can see what everyone on the plan is listening to, and that’s why I’m hesitant to join. Is this true, and if so, is there anything I can do to hide it? 

1 Reply

Hi @kara_beth and welcome to the Community! 🙂

I completely understand your concerns - as sometimes we all have those songs that no one else needs to know. 😉

As far as I know, the only people that should be able to see your activity would be friends you are following or following you. The plan owner should only be able to manage your billing and whether you are still on the plan. There is also some options in Spotify (Social setting) to set your session to private and not publish your activity.

One thing I should note though, if your family knows your user and can search you on Spotify, they may be able to see any playlists and your top/recently played artists on your account page. I recommend setting playlists to private and having all social aspects off for extra measure.
If you aren't certain that the Family option will work for you, you could join their plan, see how you like it, and if it doesn't work, you can always return to your own account. Hope this helped and good luck with what you decide! 🙂

Suggested posts