Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can gift cards be redeemed if you moved to a new country from the one where your account was started

Can gift cards be redeemed if you moved to a new country from the one where your account was started

My South African bank is offering gift card/voucher to buy a year Premium Spotify subscription for a discounted rate (12 months for the price of 10). I would like to know if it is still allowed for me to redeem this if my Spotify account was STARTED in The Netherlands in 2019 and I now reside in South Africa where I want to redeem this voucher (from my local bank)?

NOTE: I have now moved to South Africa so have changed my country in the Settings page to South Africa.   I started the account in The Netherlands in 2019 on the Premium Plan, then moved to the Family Plan and now I am on the Free plan. 

Please confirm if this is possible? On my bank's app where I want to redeem the voucher there is no extra info besides what is found on Spotify's Ts + Cs page. 

Plan - Free 

Country Spotify account was purchased - Netherlands in 2019

Current country - South Africa

Phone device - Sony Xperia 5

Laptop device: MAC

1 Reply

Hi there @Toto2021,

Thank you for your post here in the Community.

As long as your account’s country or region settings match where the gift card was purchased it's possible to redeem the gift card 🙂

We hope this information was helpful.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Take care 🙂

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts