Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can l transfer a playlist to a new smartphone?

Solved!

Can l transfer a playlist to a new smartphone?

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @kznl0a77bju34j6, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

If you're switching to a new device, you don't need to transfer anything. All you need to do is download the Spotify app on the new device here. Once you do that you can log in, and you'll see all of the saved content on your account. 

Let me know if you need a hand with anything else!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @kznl0a77bju34j6, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

If you're switching to a new device, you don't need to transfer anything. All you need to do is download the Spotify app on the new device here. Once you do that you can log in, and you'll see all of the saved content on your account. 

Let me know if you need a hand with anything else!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hello Billy-J,

Can you help me out?
I tried your suggestion about logging out of Spotify on my old phone, downloading Spotify on my new phone and logging into my premium account. Then my account is on my new phone and it shóws the playlists (not all of them though) that should be there, but when I go open them, or open the library, everything is empty and Spotify suggest I add numbers to create my playlist.

I switched from Samsung Galaxy 4s to Samsung Galaxy 4s ( yep the same type of phone). I went through all new installations the new phone asked me.

What else can I do to find my playlists?

Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards,
Leonie Gooijer

Hi there @LeonieGooijer,

Thank you for your reply in this thread. This seems odd. Let's investigate this further together 🙂

To start with - can you log out and back in twice in a row. It may sound strange, but this will force sync your account with the servers and can often help with issues like this.

If that doesn't do the trick, can you confirm how many playlists that sync from one phone to the other? And if it's possible, kindly send me the URI from one of the playlists from both devices.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts