Premium for Family

Country

USA

Device

Macbook Pro Early 2013

Operating System

MacOS

My Question or Issue

I'm a current family plan owner and have been for at least a year now. However I'm trying to redeem the offer for the free google home mini and I seem unable to do so. Is there a special way for already existing owners to redeem their mini?

58 Replies

When it sends me to google it charges me full Price.  How do i fix this

It's not waving the cost.  Please help!!!    

Not sure why this is happening to you. It took me some time to get in and get the link working - and for the cart to work - but it did work. Keep looking in the forum, but I don't know why you'd be having a challenge, sorry.

It just looks that way go thru the whole process of checking out it won't charge you it just looks that way .

Not accurate, do not do this as it will charge you full price and you will have to cancel order.  I followed this post and learned the comment above is not correct.  

I don't know what your doing then because I've had 4 of my roommates here all redeem one we have 4 total between us an we already have them as of Monday an we checked out the same way ...it looks like it's full price but doesn't charge you it shows the discount only in the receipt after you check out ...it doesn't even charge shipping ,so you must have done something else cuz your totally wrong that post is correct .

Disagree as Spotify has confirmed there is an issue and they are researching as multiple users experiencing same issue. Good for you that it worked!

Ok well maybe so there might be a problem . but when they do get it fixed the way I explained it works is how it works it looks like it is going to charge you 49.00 an after you check out the receipt will show the discount an it doesn't charge anything.i talked to 2 people that redeemed yesterday an they said that  there's worked an it also looked like it was going to charge 49.00 but after they checked out it didn't charge an tthe receipt reflected the discount so what I said .above is still true .that's how it works an is supposed to work so when u said that's not true your wrong it's 100% true ...now if there's problems with the coupon right now then that's a different story an it's just not working right now but when they fix it that's how it's gonna work.and Spotify can't do anything about what goes on in the Google store so if I were u I would contact Google because what happens is when u click your interest in the free mini on the Spotify site what happens is Google issues a redemption code to Spotify for your mini an when it says your mini is available an you click on the redemption link in the Spotify site it forwards you to Google along with the redemption code that's embedded in the link an then the checkout proceeds on Google site an looks like it will charge you but once u click thru the checkout process the redemption code is automatically applied an when u get the receipt it will show the -49.00 discount.hope this explanation helps a little bit.sometimes if u understand how it all works ...have a great day......

When i go throuh the check out it trys to charge me $52

Its charging me 3$ for shipping as well...

There was a guy on here earlier that said they were having problems with it an he said he talked to Spotify I would suggest contacting them an asking them to contact u as soon as soon as the issue is resolved .ask them if they know when it will be resolved or if they can email u as soon as it's fixed.

I've gone back and forth with Spotify support and they can't figure it out so far. Here's what I received from them today.

"Thanks for getting back to us. We can confirm that your case has been escalated to the highest tier in Customer Support, all communication within this email thread will be from the Executive team from now on.
Currently, we don't offer telephone support. However, we're more than happy to help you via email.
We understand how frustrating this situation can be and we apologize about the delay this is taking and the inconvenience caused. We can confirm that the relevant teams are looking into this and we will let you know as soon as we have an update.
In the meantime, do let us know if you have any other questions.
Take care, 
Andrey
Executive Team - Spotify Customer Support"

Thays similar to what i have gotten my last 3 chats. 

Hi there! I received my email stating that my Google Home Mini was now available - I completed my purchase and then saw an 'Ooops' error pop up in the Google store. A few minutes later, I got an email stating that my order was cancelled because some information 'couldn't be verified' - which I didn't understand. And now, it will not let me try again to redeem my offer. And Yes, we are on a Family plan. 

Can someone help?

My Google home was sent to the wrong address then retuened to thier warehouse. I contacted Google about it and they sent me a confirmation email to give to Spotify but I have no idea how to get in contact with someone at Spotify.

Thank you so much for your interest.
We're sorry to say this offer is not available at this time.

We'll be sure to let you know about new offers in the future.

NOT available... Never has been for myself, but the email offers just keep coming..

The Link 

@Maxim wrote:

Give it a try at https://www.spotify.com/googlehome/register/ 🙂

does not work anymore. 

When I clicked it, I get a Spotify Page and a message

"Thank you so much for your interest.
We're sorry to say this offer is not available at this time.
We'll be sure to let you know about new offers in the future."

Hey @ibas,

The offer was only for a limited time, while supplies lasted: https://www.spotify.com/legal/premium-for-family-supplemental-offer-terms/.

Hope this helps 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Marked as solution

Hey folks,

We can see a lot of users are still visiting this page, we just wanted to flag that the Premium for Family and Google Home Mini deal is now over in the US. 

We have a similar deal now available in Canada where users can grab a Google Home Mini with Premium (Premium for Family and Student subscriptions are not eligible).

For more details about the deal, you can head here.

We've now closed this thread, but if you have any other questions feel free to start a new one in our help section.

Thanks!

Suggested posts