Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't buy spotify premium with PayPal because I need a Creditcard. Before july it worked.

Can't buy spotify premium with PayPal because I need a Creditcard. Before july it worked.

Plan

Premium for students

Country

Belgium

Hello!

Last month my purchase for Spotify premium failed and I didn't know why... because normally it took the money automatically away (direct debit) from my bank account. I noticed that there was a change in my settings with paypal so I changed it, hoping that it would solve my problem. But it didn't. 

So I tried to downgrade to spotify free and after that go back to Spotify premium, but now when I want to pay with PayPal it asks me to add a creditcard which I never had/used.

Why do i need a creditcard to pay with paypal? Before july I always used paypal to pay for my premium account (using bancontact) without a creditcard and now all of the sudden I need a creditcard?

What can I do?

Greetings from Belgium

3 Replies

Hey there @lennyrt,

thanks for posting !

You can use this help page to have a the payment options in your country and through your account.

Just in case, i would try creating a new PayPal account, add the card and try paying for the subscription again.

Let me know what you find 🙂

Thank you for replying!

Using my PayPal account it still redirects me to the page where I need to add a creditcard (see attachment).

I also tried using my dads PayPal account and now all of the sudden it works? I really don't get why it won't work with my account... because previously there wasn't a problem. My bank card is linked and accepted to my PayPal account and there is 25euros in my wallet. What could possibly be wrong?

Spotify Paypal.png

Hey there @lennyrt,

thanks for the update !

Does your father have a bank account or an unlimited funds on his PayPal accounts ?

As Spotify renews the subscription every month it might not accept if there aren't enough funds.

Suggested posts