Solved!

Can't change Russian region to another country, where I've moved to recently

Plan

Free/Premium

Country
Armenia

My Question or Issue

Hi, Spotify community. 
After you've closed Russian HQ and made Spotify unavailable, I've decided to change RU region for Armenia (where I've moved to). 
The thing is, that I had 1 year premium activated at March and now It's gone. 
So I'm trying to change region but it is impossible to do, because the region window in non-selectable. 
I know that I'll be able to change it after my premium will expire, but It will happen at march 2023! Can you help me to solve it?
I really can't lose my playlists and account, so creating the new one is not an option. 

Screen Shot 2022-04-11 at 12.44.52.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey everyone!

The issue that prevented users from changing their account's country setting from Russia to another country has now been resolved.

Keep in mind that you can only change the country for your account if you’re based in the country you want to change it to:

1. Log in to your account page.
  2. Click EDIT PROFILE.
  3. Scroll down to Country or region and select your new one from the dropdown list.
    Note: Your new country or region only shows when you’re actually there.
  4. Click SAVE PROFILE.

Hope this helps 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

31 Replies

hello everyone. I have a problem with my Spotify account. in the app on the phone it was always in Czech, so I didn't know it. but now spotify has written to me that I have a blocked account through the region. Yes, my account is said to be Russian and I have never been there and bought a global key. country can't change, any advice? thanks to all

I have the same problem with my 1 year spotify premium, but i changed my region from russia to nederlands. Now i cant chat with spotify support to solve my problem. That makes me sad. 😞

Plan

Can't remember

Country

Russia

My Question or Issue

Hello, I was unlucky having Russian region in my account, but currently I'm living in the Netherlands, is it possible to change my region and continue using Spotify?

I would register a new one, but do not want to loose my listening statistics.

Thank you.

Plan

Free

Country

Germany

Device

iPhone 12

My Question or Issue

Hello, I was unlucky having Russian region in my account, but currently I'm living in the Germany, is it possible to change my region and continue using Spotify?
Предложить перевод

Hello, Sorry you can't Listen to music. This Is Unfortunate 

As you Said You Cant Listen To Music Due to the Sad Ongoing Issue In With Russia 

Spotify Shut down there: https://www.protocol.com/bulletins/spotify-russia-office

Read Spotify Terms of Services Here: https://www.spotify.com/us/legal/end-user-agreement/

My Goal is to Become a rockstar i would really appreciate it if you Liked this If you found it helpful to help with my goal.  

Cheers! 
Ben. 🙂

Plan

Unsure?

Device

Desktop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I'm unsure why, but it says my Spotify is in Russia, which... it shouldn't, because I've lived in America for all of my life. I purchased a coupon for Spotify Premium, but I don't think it was in Russian-

Overall, it won't let me change my Country or Region, or even geolocate it.

Hey @Derficz ,

Thanks for reaching out.

Could you please provide some more details about the issue you're experiencing? 🙂

For example, what's that global key you purchased? If it's a Gift Card, there are none that can be redeemed globally, they can only be redeemed in the country they were purchased in.

You'll be able to change your account's country setting when you're back on the Free plan by following these steps.

MaximSpotify Star

Hey @F1oyd ,

Thanks for coming to the Community.

You can update your account's country setting by following these steps.

Hope this helps 🙂

MaximSpotify Star

Hey @forbiddenpasta ,

Thanks for reaching out.

You'll be able to change your account's country setting once you're back on the Free plan by following these steps.

In the future, I recommend making sure that you only purchase Spotify Gift Cards from authorized retailers/websites, to prevent such things from happening.

Hope this helps! 🙂

MaximSpotify Star

The thing is, when I do that, it leads me to an Error 404 Webpage, and I don't know what to do.

forbiddenpasta_0-1649748307776.png

@Maxim If it would be so easy, but the region dropdown is disabled for me.

F1oyd_0-1649750265235.png

Hey @F1oyd ,

Thanks for letting me know.

In this case, you'll have to wait until you're back on the Free plan. 🙂

MaximSpotify Star

Hey there, @forbiddenpasta,

You can only change the country for your account if you’re based in the country you want to change it to:

2. Click EDIT PROFILE.
  3. Scroll down to Country or region and select your new one from the dropdown list.
    Note: Your new country or region only shows when you’re actually there.
  4. Click SAVE PROFILE.

Hope this helps 🙂

MaximSpotify Star

it shows me a free plan now, but I assume that there is a limitation on how frequently I can change the region, I think I changed the region as soon as Spotify came to Russia (it was not so long time ago). I'd be happy to learn whether there is a limitiation. thank you @Maxim for being helpful

Hey @F1oyd ,

You can only change the country for your account if you’re based in the country you want to change it to:

2. Click EDIT PROFILE.
    Note: Your new country or region only shows when you’re actually there.
  4. Click SAVE PROFILE.

Hope this helps 🙂

MaximSpotify Star

the same situation. Spotify hello,do something!! moved from Russia to Turkey

gavrylove_0-1649760159750.png

Yes I’m actually in the Netherlands using Dutch internet provider (though I still can use VPN), but in spite I have dropdown disabled and my locale always ‘ru-ru’ even if I explicitly set ‘nl’ in url

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

The right teams at Spotify are aware of this and are currently investigating why this is happening.

We'll keep you posted here as soon as we have more info on this.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

hi, i live in russia, how i can change my region if at the moment this possibility is not provided on my own

Suggested posts