NEXT STEP

Can't change country while waiting for current Premium subscription to end

Solved!

Can't change country while waiting for current Premium subscription to end

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

Hello,

I currently have a Premium subscription from Belgium. I want to change the country to UK, as I've moved there now. However, I can't change the payment method. In particular, I follow this one:

https://support.spotify.com/uk/article/How-can-I-change-my-country-setting/

But there's no "Change payment method". I can't edit the country in my profile page either (it's greyed out).

According to this one:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Answers/How-do-I-change-my-country-settings/ta-p/950275

I probably should wait until my current subscription ends (Sep 15), but I don't want to wait. I'd like to switch to UK-based now, so that I can subscribe for Headspace.

Is there any way to change my country/subscription method right now?

Many thanks,

Nguyen

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there,

Thanks for reaching out.

Even if you were to change the payment method right now, your account's country setting won't update until Sep 15.

In this case, it'd be best to cancel the subscription, wait for it to expire and then re-subscribe using your new payment details.

Hope this helps!

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Thank you for answering my question! Yes you're right, I've just had an online chat with the Spotify helpdesk, and they confirmed that I'd indeed have to wait for it to expire, or they can manually cancel my subscription now but my current payment until 14/9 will be lost. I've chosen the later, problem solved!

Have a nice day!

Nguyen

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there,

Thanks for reaching out.

Even if you were to change the payment method right now, your account's country setting won't update until Sep 15.

In this case, it'd be best to cancel the subscription, wait for it to expire and then re-subscribe using your new payment details.

Hope this helps!

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Marked as solution

Thank you for answering my question! Yes you're right, I've just had an online chat with the Spotify helpdesk, and they confirmed that I'd indeed have to wait for it to expire, or they can manually cancel my subscription now but my current payment until 14/9 will be lost. I've chosen the later, problem solved!

Have a nice day!

Nguyen

Im having the very same issue except I have moved from Sweden to the USA. I would like to participate in the google home mini giveaway but my country will not switch for around 25 days. By the time this happens the giveaway will most likely be over. Could I talk to a spotify employee to manually switch my country or manually apply me for the giveaway?

Hello,

In my case I couldn't transfer the subscription to the new country. I chatted with a Spotify employee and they cancel the old subscription for me, so that I could pay for a new one in the new country.

How do you go about contacting them?

I used this link. It's a UK one but I guess there's a similar one for your country:

https://www.spotify.com/uk/about-us/contact/

After answering the questions, a chat box will be open so you can chat with a Spotify employee.

Thanks, they resolved my issue

Hey @huntermunts,

That's great to hear! 

Let us know if there's anything else we can help you with here in the Community.

Thanks again - stay awesome 🙂

Suggested posts