Premium

Country

Denmark, Norway before

Device

Computer

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I've tried to follow the https://support.spotify.com/no/article/How-can-I-change-my-country-setting/ regarding changing my country settings, but it still doesn't change. Now I have updated with a danish card number. But it still say Norway under account overview/edit profile. And it's not possible to change there either.

I've even tried to cancel my premium, to be free - but then it doesn't change before end of the subscription periode.

I'm already in Denmark. And was planning to connect to a Spotify Family subscription with the family I live as already have this subscrption and sent me an invite, but it say Im in the wrong country when try to connect to that Spotify Family.

What to do?

5 Replies

Hey, @hhaaland1985 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

Are you already in Denmark? The new country only shows when you’re actually there. And if you've already changed your payment method with the new one, you can just be relaxed about it.

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I'm already in Denmark. And was planning to connect to a Spotify Family subscription with the family I live as already have this subscrption and sent me an invite, but it say Im in the wrong country when try to connect to that Spotify Family.

Hey again, @hhaaland1985 

Sorry for the delay...

Could you try to change your country settings through an incognito mode, another browser or another device? Please, try these three options, just to double-check...

Keep me posted 🙂

LuanSpotify Star

Yes, I tried incongino mode, another browser and other device.  Even tried incognito on another device. AND I have removed all connections (log in and connection) to Facebook. But still, danish card registered as payment - but no change of country. And if I try to add to Family through the invite I get, it say I have registered wrong country....

Hey again, @hhaaland1985 

Sorry for the delay. I was getting some information about your case.

That's can be happening because your account is still under a Premium subscription. So, I suggest you cancel your current subscription and wait for it and try the steps on how to change the country in the account but only after the account has reverted back to Free. 

I hope it helps. I'll be here to continue supporting you in your case. So, keep me posted.

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star

Suggested posts