Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't change my country

Solved!

Can't change my country

Hi!

I have been using Spotify for years. I live in Finland, and I had a friend who wanted to use Spotify too, so he started paying for Premium on my account and we shared the account.

However, we stopped and he cancelled the subscription. Obviously because he was using a UK card, my country is set to GB. I would like to continue paying for Premium with my own card, though. Spotify does not let me do this. When I try to renew Premium with my card, it gives me an error telling me to change my country. However, the option in my profile settings is grayed out, so I can't do this.

Thank you very much!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Koenshi,

Please try clearing your browser's cache and cookies or use an incognito window.

In case you get the same results, you can cancel the current subscription, wait until the account goes back to Free, update the country, and then resubscribe.

When your account gets downgraded to Spotify Free, no saved songs etc. will get deleted.

Have a nice day!

LK608

LukeSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Koenshi,

Please try clearing your browser's cache and cookies or use an incognito window.

In case you get the same results, you can cancel the current subscription, wait until the account goes back to Free, update the country, and then resubscribe.

When your account gets downgraded to Spotify Free, no saved songs etc. will get deleted.

Have a nice day!

LK608

LukeSpotify Star

Thank you very much LK608!

Using incognito still gives me the same issue, so I have now cancelled my subscription and will wait until I'm back to using Free, and will try this again. Many thanks!

https://open.spotify.com/track/0Q95QAw0HKaykvMZA3tMOb

LukeSpotify Star

Suggested posts