Duo

Country

Spain

Operating System

Me: Windows 10

Her: MacBook Pro

My Question or Issue

Hello,

So me and my girlfriend are living together in Spain and decided to change to the Duo premium to save money. I've used the address we both live in  and its been auto found by the locater but she still cannot access the account because it says "you need to live at the same address, it looks like your trying to join duo from a different country".

My billing information is UK and her payment card is through a Spanish bank, she is Italian and I'm british and we were in these countries (UK and Italy) when we made our accounts. I mention this in case relevent. 

We tried to change to change our country of residence through the account setting but no luck.

Can anyone help?

5 Replies

Hey @dandirector1 ,

Thanks for reaching out.

Since you're both in Spain and live there, you'll both need to get your account's country setting updated to Spain first. 🙂

This can be done by following these steps:

1. Log in to your account page.
  2. Under Your plan, click UPDATE next to your payment method.
  3. Enter a new payment method that was issued in your new country or region.

The changes will take effect from your next billing date. Once the changes have taken effect, she'll be able to join your Premium Duo plan.

Let me know how it goes! 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi Maxim,

The issue with that solution is that whilst she has a Spanish payment card I do not and am still using one from my native UK. I don't have a spanish payment method, just the one I've been using this whole time. 

Best,

Daniel

Hey @dandirector1 ,

Thanks for letting me know.

In this case, there are two options:

1. You use her payment method to update your country setting to Spain and pay for the Premium Duo/Family plan.
  2. She upgrades to Premium Duo/Family using her payment method and you cancel your subscription. Once you're back on the free plan, you can update your country setting by using the dropdown menu. Once successfully updated, you'll be able to join her Premium Duo/Family plan.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

MaximSpotify Star

So the only other option is to pay for a family plan? Seems like a little kink in the system no? 

I have to buy a family plan in order to make a duo one work. 

Appreciate the help and advice, but just expressing the 'long-way' round mentality that this is.

Hey @dandirector1 ,

Sorry for the confusion, both options apply to the Duo plan as well! I'll go ahead and edit my previous post.

MaximSpotify Star

Suggested posts