Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't edit payment details. I need help!

Solved!

Can't edit payment details. I need help!

Plan Free/Premium

Country Canada

Device LG g5

Operating System Android 

Here is my payment details issue. Spotify have paused my Premium subscribtion. I have to change the credit card so I can keep paying and get Premium back. I tried to edit the payment details for the past 10 days but kept getting the same message, "payment failed. Try again or use a different payment method". I don't have a different payment method.
The card that I'm trying to use is the same credit card I used to pay my spotify premium last year. If it worked before, shouldn't it work today? The card isn't expired and hasn't been canceled.
I also checked with my bank and this is not the problem.
The card is enable for online transactions. I used that card to pay spotify premium before and it worked perfectly.

My payment method is issued in the same country that's registered my spotify account, Canada. So it shouldn't be a problem, even if I'm currently in Europe, right?

On the spotify website, it says that if it's not working I should wait a few days and try again. I tried about 10 days ago, a few days after, I tried again 2 days ago, and today.

I tried to edit the payment details with the spotify app on my phone, then I tried with a laptop in a new browser. Keep getting the "payment failed" message.

When nothing is working spotify suggests to cancel the subscription so we can resubscribe to Premium. So I did, hoping that would fix the problem. I got a message saying that premium will be canceled on the 19th of May.
I can already see the "upgrade to Premium" button and when I click on it I get the same "failed" message.
I am now stuck with the free spotify. What should I do? Do I have to wait till the 19th of May to try again? Or is the problem something else? What do I do wrong? Help would be highly appreciate.

Also, when I try to open spotify community guide it says the access is denied.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey, @jcastier 

Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for posting!

About your issue, I suggest that you be in touch with Customer Support directly. Follow these steps below:
Go to the Customer Support page here.
Select the option "Subscription".
And then, select "Unable to Subscribe - payment failed".
Tap "I still need help" button.
Fill the form and then you be guided to a chat page.
Let me know if you could be in touch with the Support.

If you need more info or have any other questions, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey, @jcastier 

Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for posting!

About your issue, I suggest that you be in touch with Customer Support directly. Follow these steps below:
Go to the Customer Support page here.
Select the option "Subscription".
And then, select "Unable to Subscribe - payment failed".
Tap "I still need help" button.
Fill the form and then you be guided to a chat page.
Let me know if you could be in touch with the Support.

If you need more info or have any other questions, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts