NEXT STEP

Can't get student discount because of free trial

Can't get student discount because of free trial

Plan

Free

Country

Austria

My Question or Issue

I tried to get the student discount for premium, so I signed up for it and got verified by SheerID.

1.JPG

When I tried to submit my bank details I received an error message saying that because I have already made use of a free trial I can't get another one (I don't remember using a free trial, but could have been a long time ago), but that I can still get the student discount for premium (that's the underlined sentence).

2.JPG

So when I followed the link, I received another error message, claiming that I "can not take advantage of this offer".

3.JPG

Does that mean that I can't get a student discount now because apparently I tested premium for free ages ago?

1 Reply

Hey, @irener61 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

You can't get the Free trial again because, probably, you've claimed it in another time... About the Student discount, if you're being able to get the discount, probably you're eligible to claim it. Please check:

• You haven’t already claimed the discount on another Spotify account. Find other accounts.
  • Your school is listed. If you didn’t see your school in the list during sign up, you're not eligible right now.
  • You haven’t exceeded the 4-year limit. The discount lasts 12 months at a time, with the option to renew a maximum of 3 times as long as you're eligible.

You can also submit for manual verification. For more info, check out SheerID’s FAQ.

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts