Free

Country

USA

Device

-

Operating System

-

My Question or Issue

I have a problem. Earlier (January 7, 2020) I joined a family, I was in it for quite a long time, somewhere until the end of October 2020. Then I had to go out. Recently I wanted to re-enter, but I could not, since you can join a family only once every 12 months.
Now how do I know when I can log in again? Is it next year in October? Or after January 7th? This is such an incomprehensible moment for me. Is it really so stupidly done that I have to wait a whole year? I'm just not ready to pay for the subscription in full myself. Please give an explanation.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Erdar,

Thanks for the reply!

You should be able to join the Family plan again in 12 months, so if you left in October, you can join October of next year. If you remember the exact date you left, then that's the date you can join next year (2021).

Let me know if you need anything else!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hey @Erdar, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Yes, that's expected since you can only switch plans once in a 12 month period, and there isn't any way to bypass that.

One alternative is to create a new account and transfer everything from the old account to the new one following these steps. Once you've done that, you can ask the plan's manager to send you an invite to the plan.

Hope this helps! 

Billy-JSpotify Star

No, I mean, after what date can I rejoin the family? Give a clear answer and don't go away from it. I connected on January 7th. So on January 7, 2021, I will be able to connect again? Or, I disconnected somewhere in October, so I can connect again only in October 2021?
Marked as solution

Hey @Erdar,

Thanks for the reply!

You should be able to join the Family plan again in 12 months, so if you left in October, you can join October of next year. If you remember the exact date you left, then that's the date you can join next year (2021).

Let me know if you need anything else!

Billy-JSpotify Star

Suggested posts