Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't join duo plan (German)

Solved!

Can't join duo plan (German)

Plan

Premium

Country

Österreich(Austria)

Device

Oneplus 9 Pro, Windows 10

Operating System

Android 11, Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Hallo,
ich wollte dem Duo Plan meiner Freundin mit der ich zusammen wohne beitreten, aber ich bekomme nur einen Fehler, dass ich es später erneut probieren sollte, aber jetzt ist schon ein Tag vergangen und es funktioniert noch immer nicht. Gibt es irgendwelche Lösungen dazu?

Screenshot 2021-04-06 192333.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @

Thanks for the reply.

You could be getting this error message because an address needs registering for the plan. This should be fixed by heading over to https://www.spotify.com/duo/setup and completing the setup. Make sure the address on the Owner account is up to date and matches the address the Member account enters when joining the plan.

Keep us posted on how it goes.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hey @stefankoenig ,

I hope it‘s ok for you that I answer in English 🙂

Have you tried to use an incognito tab, clear the cookies of your browser and use another browser or device?

When this doesn't work, you should try to use another internet connection (e.g. cellular data instead of WiFi).

Let me know how it goes and 

Have a nice day!

Luke

LukeSpotify Star
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi,

Thank you for your quick answer. I tried everything, but nothing helped. I tried it on my phone and PC, but everytime I get the same error. I contacted the Spotify Support about this problem, but I still have no answer.

Marked as solution

Hey @

Thanks for the reply.

You could be getting this error message because an address needs registering for the plan. This should be fixed by heading over to https://www.spotify.com/duo/setup and completing the setup. Make sure the address on the Owner account is up to date and matches the address the Member account enters when joining the plan.

Keep us posted on how it goes.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

*UPDATE*

I contacted the Spotify Support too and they told me to wait till my Duo plan turns to free. Yesterday my duo plan turned into the free plan and then i was able to join the Duo plan of my girlfriend. Thanks to everyone who tried to help me, but i think the problem simply was my active duo plan.

Hey @stefankoenig,

Thanks for keeping us posted.

We're glad to know that it was sorted out. Take into account that it's not possible to join another person's Premium Duo plan if you're already subscribed to your own Duo plan.

If you need a hand with anything else, we're always a post away.

Have a good one 🙂

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts