Free

Country

United States

Device

Pixel 3/HP Envy x360

Operating System

(Android 10/Windows 10)

My Question or Issue

Hi! I am a new user to Spotify having been a long time Google Play Music customer. I recently created a free account but want to upgrade to a family account for my Dad, Mom, sister and I. When I try to upgrade to premium I am given an error when putting in my credit cards/debit card info and attempting to purchase. I have tried my debit card and 3 different credit cards but am also given an error in a red box that reads, "Something went wrong. Please try again or contact support." It seems my payment can't be processed. I already called my bank and everything is okay on their end and with my cards. Is there something wrong with my account? 

3 Replies

Hi there @Krohnage,

thanks for reaching out !

Before going through the troubleshooting steps provided here, make sure you're using a payment method issued in the same country the account is set at.

Let me know if that helped 🙂

Hi!

Thanks for replying. Unfortunately none of the solutions on the support page worked. Everything is fine on the end of my payment provider/bank. I think there may be something wrong with my account. I'm not sure. 

Thanks for your help, though. 

Dominic

Hey @Krohnage,

Just jumping in here to add some extra info to what @OneByBoo suggested.

To make sure that we're on the same page - can you please confirm that you've checked that the country settings of your account match the region your credit card is issued in? It would help us out a lot if you've tried subscribing through a private/incognito browser.

If that's the case, you can create a new free account and try activating Premium there. If you've already started a music collection, this article gives tips on how to transfer it to another account.

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts