Free

Country

Sweden

Device

Samsung Galaxy A3 and PC

Operating System

Android 8.0 and Windows 10

My Question or Issue

When trying to start free trial and paying with paypal I get to the screen at paypal wher I can click to review and approve my order, but when I click I get returned to the Spotify free trial offer. If I try to pay with card directly I get a message that I have already used the offer and that I can not use it again. I have not tried any free trials before and have no reciepts of previous subscriptions.

5 Replies

Hey @SweBoy!

We'd recommend trying with a different web broser or device. Also, we suggest using a different internet connection if possible.

Keep us posted 🙂

So, last time I gave up and have been using Spotify Free since. Today I wanted to give it a new try, so I tried to start three free months of Premium. It then says that I have already used Premium before and because of that I'm not allowed to get the free three months. I have never used Premium before. 

Hey there @SweBoy,

Thanks for reaching out! 

Since you say you haven't used Premium before, could it be possible that you lent someone from your family or a friend of yours your payment method to subscribe for a Free trial? That could be one possible reason why you're payment is not getting accepted.

It would also be worth it to check if you don't have more than multiple accounts. Sometimes this can happen and cause confusion. To make sure this is not the case, follow the steps given here

Have you also tried the suggestion by @William_13 to enter your payment details in an Incognito Window?

For more info on why this might be happening, check this article.

Keep us posted!

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

I have kind of the same problem. No chance to get Premium. I've tried on multiple PCs at home. No chance. I tried to pay via PayPal. In PayPal (!) I get a message that I can't enjoy the 3 months trial. OK. I can live with that because I want Premium. But there is no chance to get Premium w/o the trial as I get hooked into a kind of vicious circle that doesn't allow me to pay. Hence no Premium. Can you help pls? It is a bit of a disappointing first customer experience. To anticipate on your question... no, I did not yet have a trial before. But that is even not the point, I'm willing to go for Premium w/o trial. But the system just doesn't allow me to become a paying customer of yours.

Hey there @Dirk12,

Thanks for jumping in here and answering questions from our previous post! 

Can you try booking Premium with the following link - https://www.spotify.com/purchase/panel/no-trial ? It's supposed to allow you to get the subscription directly.

Let us know what happens 🙂 If there's an error message of any kind, feel free to send us a screenshot. 

We'ere here for you!

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts