Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't subscribe via PayPal

Can't subscribe via PayPal

I can't properly setup prepium subscription with PayPal. I am starting subscription process, logging into PP, confirm payment and then return to Spotify which says that there was a problem. However PayPal even configures Spotify preapproved payments for Spotify - so everything is smooth on PP side. 

I tried many time - have "cancelled" about 20+ preapproved Spotify plans after that on PP side and with no luck on Spotify side.

From settings everything seems to be OK - country (Russia) is set both on PP and Spotify. PayPal account is not blocked or restricted and other subscriptions/payments are OK.

I tried both using usual browser and anonymous session, tried relogging - with no luck. Tried from multiple PC/iPad - no changes.

PLease make some advice how to fix this.

3 Replies

Hey @user-removed ,

Thanks for reaching out.

What type of subscription are you trying to start? 🙂 If it's an offer, it's not possible to start it with a payment method that has already been used for Spotify.

If you're trying to activate a regular subscription, I'd recommend making sure you have more available funds on the PayPal account than the price of the plan.

Let me know 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

It's regular subscription (with usual "3 months free" offer). I have a card connected to the PP account and there is enough funds there.
I have never subscribed to Spotify before, so no "method already used for Spotify" exists for me.

Hey @user-removed ,

Thanks for letting me know.

It's possible that, in the past, a friend or family member already booked another Premium subscription with the same PayPal account. This is something that would prevent you from claiming a Premium trial.

If your PayPal account was never used, you can try it with a different payment method or via an incognito browser/a different device.

If you're still not eligible for the trial, you can still activate a regular subscription here

Hope this helps!

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts