Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't switch my Country

Can't switch my Country

Hey 

I just moved from Montreal to San Mateo and I can't change my country in my setting.

I did follow the how to but it just doesn't let me change it to USA.

I can't link my new Visa card because of that. 

4 Replies

Hi @mbaril010, thanks for posting in the Spotify Community.

First of all, I suggest you check your IP address here.

After that, compare it to the country shown in your profile. If you're running a VPN or Proxy server then make sure it's also set to the country you wish to be in. 

If you opened your account with Facebook, your country will be tied to the country shown in your Facebook account, so you may need to change it there but try this alternative in the meantime if all else fails.

Change your payment method to match your country (try using different browsers if necessary). Use a card registered to the country you wish it to be associated with on this page. 

Hope this helps!

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I have the same problem

I cant change countries either I have moved from Canada to the US and it wont let me register my new card.

I cant see how I can unlink it to facebook

My IP is correct so what is the deal?!! none of the help stuff acutally helps cos it is all out of date

I dont want to have to cancel and resubscripe cos then i would pay for two memberships

Hey @user-removed,

No need to worry here.

IF YOU CREATED YOUR ACCOUNT WITH FACEBOOK AND WISH YOU DIDN’T 

Please follow these steps:

1. Create a new account.
    Note: Don’t click Sign up with Facebook. Instead, sign up with your email address.
  2. Contact Spotify if you want to move any saved playlists, songs, albums, and followers to your new account.
  3. If your original account is on a Premium subscription, cancel it and resubscribe on your new account. 

Note: To use the same email address associated with your original account, you’ll need to contact Spotify to release the email address.

IF YOU CONNECTED AN EXISTING SPOTIFY ACCOUNT TO FACEBOOK

If you didn't create your account with Facebook, but still see your Facebook profile picture in Spotify, this means your account has been linked to Facebook.

To unlink your Spotify account from Facebook:

1. In the top-right corner of the desktop app, click  > Settings
  2. Under Social, click DISCONNECT FROM FACEBOOK

Note: You can link your account to Facebook again at any time. Just repeat the process, clicking CONNECT TO FACEBOOK

Hope this helps!

BittencourtSpotify Star

What about you @mbaril010, any news?

BittencourtSpotify Star

Suggested posts