Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't use 3-month trial for auto-renewal plan

Solved!

Can't use 3-month trial for auto-renewal plan

I got an email saying: "For a limited time, you can get 3 free months of Premium when you switch to an Individual plan that auto-renews each month."

My premium plan expired about a week ago and I've been waiting for some sort of deal before I resub so when I got this email I tried to sign up right away. When I go to subscribe for the 1 month plan (with the 3 month trial) I get this error: "Something went wrong. Please try again, or go to our support."

I've verified my credit card info and that is correct so I don't know what the issue is.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Jblacq,

Thanks for the screenshot!

To be able to get the offer, you need to be on a prepaid Premium plan. You can get Premium with any of the prepaid options available, then switch to a recurring subscription by tapping on Get 3 Months Free on the email to get the offer. Remember that you must do it before the offer ends.

When you switch, make sure that the payment method you use meets all these requirements.

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers!

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hey there @Jblacq,

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community. We're happy to give you information about this.

You’re not eligible for free trials if you’ve already had Premium. You can read more about it here.

If you have any questions we're always one reply away 🙂

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Thank you for the reply. I understand that I can't use a normal trial, but this email advert specifically mentions the fact that you CAN be on a prepaid plan and still get the trial. Here is the body of the email:

====================

For a limited time, you can get 3 free months of Premium when you switch to an Individual plan that auto-renews each month.

That means no more topping up. And all the Premium perks, non-stop. What's not to love?

If you're still on a prepaid plan, your 3-month trial begins after any prepaid credit expires. After your trial, your subscription will auto-renew at 9.99 CAD a month. Bliss.

====================

Hi again @Jblacq

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

Could you send us a screenshot of the email you received where we can see the offer and the sender's email address?

Make sure not to include any private information. 

We'll keep an eye out for your reply 🙂

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

I've attached a screenshot of the email.

SpotifyEmail.png
Marked as solution

Hey @Jblacq,

Thanks for the screenshot!

To be able to get the offer, you need to be on a prepaid Premium plan. You can get Premium with any of the prepaid options available, then switch to a recurring subscription by tapping on Get 3 Months Free on the email to get the offer. Remember that you must do it before the offer ends.

When you switch, make sure that the payment method you use meets all these requirements.

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers!

CarlosEModerator

Suggested posts